“As a Bar/Music Venue it's Great; the Restaurant is Forgettable” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Witch Cafe

Sea Witch Cafe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“As a Bar/Music Venue it's Great; the Restaurant is Forgettable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was so excited to eat here, because I'd heard lots of things about the Sea Witch and knew they had live music. So my family and I paid the cover charge and sat down to dinner.

FOOD: We had cheese fries as an appetizer... they fail to specify that the "cheese" is actually a nacho cheese sauce- which makes the fries cold and soggy. My salad was below average-not terrible but not good (I ended up eating less than half of it), and the "pound" of peel-and-eat shrimp was, simply put, lacking. The flavor was blah and there was definitely not a pound of shrimp in that basket.
SERVICE: Average, based on the fact that they were extremely busy and it showed. Our waitress was on top of refilling drinks, etc., but took awhile to do everything else. I'm sure that on a less busy night there would be no problems.
BAR: The drinks were on point for the most part and service was prompt, even though the place was packed.

The total cost of dinner for a group of four people was over $100, and that was for only an appetizer, a sandwich, a side salad, two lbs of peel-and-eat shrimp, and four drinks. If you're on a budget, stay far away from this place.

What saved me from giving the Sea Witch two stars was the live entertainment. They have great bands and a good outdoor venue, but ample covered space in case of rain. It never felt too crowded, even with so many people in attendance. I would recommend eating elsewhere, then coming to the Sea Witch for its bar and entertainment. If my review were solely based on these aspects, I would give it 5 stars. They should really get rid of the restaurant aspect- its bringing the place down.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Madison, North Carolina
“Absolutly Disgusting!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family of 5 ate at the sea witch our second night in town,First when we walked in they told us we woud have to wait 20 minutes for a seat I was going to leave then they informed us they found a seat for us(it was so nice of them to seat a FAMILY of 5 including small children beside a huge table of drunken idiots!)After we were seated I asked the waitress where the restrooms were ,she pointed toward the kitchen area,when i walked in i heard a voice from the stale ask if i needed something that most people didnt know about that restroom i said no then went on to wash my hands as i look over there was a HUGE!!! COCHROACH crawling up the wall I freaked out and went to tell the waitress she went in and killed it and said it was a waterbug but it was for sure a roach!Not only did this disgust me because the bug was in the resturant but it was only a few steps away from the kitchen where my food was being prepared I have been considering calling BBB and the health inspecter this is not acceptable!eww!!

Visited June 2013
“Not as good as I remember”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The atmosphere is great and the facility is fine. The wait staff left a lot to be desired, leaving empty drinks and not knowing the bar specials. The wait for the food took way too long for the size of the crowd present. The food was average and underwhelming. We were also unhappy with the automatic 18% gratuity (we are normally 20% tippers) since we had two infants who did not eat and two toddlers. We will try other places when we come back to Carolina Beach.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ndo226
Mebane
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

food is great and cheap and the people are really nice, always has something going on singing and dancing, real cool place to go and just have some fun

Visited June 2013
1 Thank friends03
“Nice atmosphere - lowsy value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by there recently for late lunch. Service was good, but the food was tasteless and overpriced. I could see enjoying drinks as the atmosphere is islandy, but stay clear of the food.

• Visited July 2013