“Great place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 20, 2013

food is great and cheap and the people are really nice, always has something going on singing and dancing, real cool place to go and just have some fun

1  Thank friends03
There are newer reviews for Sea Witch Cafe

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by there recently for late lunch. Service was good, but the food was tasteless and overpriced. I could see enjoying drinks as the atmosphere is islandy, but stay clear of the food.

1  Thank DBJCORBIN
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Ok, I've had fish and chips before...but omigosh...this place takes it to the next level. Delicately battered ocean fresh caught fish, dancing on my taste buds...and the chips, home cut and fried to a golden brown! Lovely!
...then there was the live music,...great time! great place!

1  Thank Caroline R
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Bad Service! Bad Food!
Met friends here for lunch on July 4. We sat in the bar area, and waited, and waited, and waited. Finaly a wait person came by to get our drink order. We told him we were going to eat and needed menu s. We waited, and waited. got our menu s, then waited, and waited and finaly got our drinks.Our drinks were long gone before the wait person came back to take our order. We waited and waited.Our second round of drinks came with our food. Our food, well, the hot food was cold. No flat ware was given. We had to eat with our fingers. Asked three times for flat ware then one of our party went and got it from the bartender. Took forever to get our check and get out of there. Before I got up from the table I was feeling sick.I had real issue for the next few day s. I was the only one that got sick and I was the only one to have fish & chips.
I could excuse bad service when their busy, but this place had maybe 25% occupancy. I can never excuse being served bad food.

1  Thank Ronnie R
Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a major disappointment! We have actually visited the Sea Witch several times before, but after our last visit on Saturday June 1st, we will not be going back. We recognize it was a Saturday evening, but there were numerous empty tables and no one waiting. We wanted to have a drink since we had just eaten and were sent over to the bar area. There were two empty tables right next to the bar, but no open stools at the bar itself, so we sat down at one of the high bar-type tables. After a couple of minutes, the hostess came over and asked us if we were going to eat dinner. We were honest and said we just wanted a drink. She, rather rudely, told us we would have to move to the bar. I pointed out there were no seats there- remember, there were two empty tables right next to the bar which were not in the general "eating" area and many other empty tables throughout the establishment. The hostess told us we could just stand up then. Really??? With empty tables you tell customers to stand up? That was shockingly disappointing! There are a lot of very nice places to visit in Carolina Beach which appreciate their customers. We will not be going back to the Sea Witch and will not be recommending it to any of the folks we know who visit Carolina Beach.

3  Thank C_and_B_Dayton