“Key West style open air bar”
Review of Sea Witch Cafe

Sea Witch Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great atmosphere with palm trees and dance floor for having drinks with friends. Friendly young servers. But food is basic bar: fried, fried, fried with few exceptions.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice in the past 6 months. First time a friend and I brought our dogs and we ate outside. The waitress was so sweet, she brought separate water bowls for each dog and treated them like they were "special" too. The second time, I brought my mom. Both times we enjoyed the food. The service was great and it was a light and airy atmosphere. I don't generally eat fried foods, but the wings and onion rights were both yummy. I also had a fish taco which was ok, not scrumptious. Even so, we had a good time and I would go again and recommend it to a friend.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Too expensive for underwhelming sandwiches. We ate here with our family of five and spent seventy five dollars on average at best sandwiches and soda. The service was slow and there were only three to four tables the entire time we were there. It wasn't particularly good or bad, just slow and expensive for food that we could have easily done better at home.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

It was a good place im sure, but we seemed out of place with kids. We may be back without them. The Sea Witch had a nice stage.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Let me start with, "I love this place!" I started going to Carolina Beach 20 years ago when I was in high school. Over time, the area has become a bit run down. BUT, one of the really really bright spots is the Sea Witch Cafe! Everything about the place is just great.

Food: They do wonders with "bar food". The chicken in the tacos is really really good. There is a lime/cilantro taste that isn't overpowering, but is tasty. Check them out on dollar taco night. The burgers are very good. The only problem, is the food is so good they tend to run out of some of the better items.

Drinks: They have a decent beer list, but I'd like to see a few more microbrew options. I am not a liquor drinker, so I'll have to leave that up to those who are. House wine is, well, house wine, but they give you a hell of a pour when you order a glass.

Atmosphere: The best part of the Sea Witch is by far the atmosphere. The staff is friendly and attentive. The whole place is somewhat outdoors even though there is a roof over most of it. It feels like a party even when the crowd is small. I've seen good bands and bad there, but they always give it a go.

Overall, this place is a MUST visit if you are in the area.