“Great alternative to seafood!!!”
Review of Ida Thai Cuisine

Ida Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were looking for an alternative to seafood after 3 days of seafood. What an awesome place. I would highly recommend the dumplings as an appetizer. We both had pad Thai. This was the best Thai food we have ever had anywhere.

The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Ida even stopped by our table to deliver our food and make sure we were happy!!!!

1  Thank RTT_Teach

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Looking for something other than seafood, my husband pulled into the parking lot. We both love Thai food. The building may not be anything to brag about, but it was clean, and the hostess/waitress was a Thai gem. My husband enjoys the Thai beer Singha and says anyone who likes beer should taste it. The soup was tasty and the crab Rangoon was delicious and hot. I always get the same thing at all Thai restaurants, Panaang Curry either chicken or beef. This was the best I have had. We told the waitress we like it spicy and she asked how many stars. she suggested two stars and it did have some heat, but not too much. The portions were a bit smaller than we are used to, so no leftovers. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for something different.

1  Thank KarolGary
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited Ida Thai cuisine on a weekend trip to the beach, selecting it because of it's proximity to the courtyard hotel.

When you walk in the door, the initial impression isn't brilliant, as it is little more than a takeaway front area with a few tables in the room off to the left of the front area.

The menu is standard Thai fare, if a little limited in scope when compared to the ones in Raleigh. Their kids menu offering is limited to one item, chicken nuggets, though they were able to provide a lunch portion of pad Thai as an alternative kids meal.

The pad Thai was reasonably tasty, and our daughter made a fairly decent dent in it before declaring herself full.

I ordered a tom kha soup (coconut milk based) as an appetizer, which was a bit over sweet and lacking spice for my tastes. The broth was almost plain white, lacking the red surface colouration more typical of this dish.

For my main course, I chose the spicy Basil noodles, often known as drunken noodles, or pad kee mao in Thai. This is a great yardstick for me, as a good version is an explosion of spicy and sweet flavours, combining the colours and textures of tomatoes, peppers, chicken, egg and noodles with purple stemmed Thai Basil, chillis, sugar and other ingredients to produce the culinary equivalent of a 500 page novel. Ideally, the dish should be prepared with fresh, wide rice noodles, as the texture is far superior to the dried equivalent.

Sadly, the version of this Thai classic served to me was more of a bifold leaflet, with minimal Basil, packet noodles, an excess of chilli spice, and very little sweetness to balance it out. It falls well short of the versions I've tried in Raleigh restaurants such as Yum Yum Thai.

I did read one negative review complaining about the amount of meat provided, but we had no problems on that score. The chicken was good quality white meat, and reasonably well balanced with the other ingredients (i.e. enough, but not so much that it overpowered the other contents of the dish).

In summary, it's an okay restaurant, but if you're expecting big city quality Thai food, you may be disappointed.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Portions aren't very large (we don't end up with leftovers), but the food has always been excellent so no complaints on that. The restaurant is small in size, but service has been good.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

It began with being greeted by the sweetest waitress I've encountered, Victoria I believe & everything she recommended was delectable. The Crab Rangoon was seriously amazing, spring rolls delicious, but the curry, oh my God, incredible! Took her recommendation for dessert (mango with sweet sticky rice) and polished everything off for a perfect meal! Thanks staff! Oh, and the owner also gave me a military discount! I'll definitely be back next time I come to visit! Thanks again!

2  Thank Ron T