“Best authentic Thai food”
Review of Ida Thai Cuisine

Ida Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner at Ida Thai in Carolina Beach NC yesterday. What a surprise. The food was delicious. I ate a special made with grilled eggplant, veggies, steamed tofu and the fresh basil made it pop. I asked for brown rice and it was extra but I was happy to have it. Mike had the green curry with fried tofu and let me tast it and it was fresh and quite good. I asked our server, Chris if I could try a tase of the Thai tea and he accomodated with a small glass. It was like a desert and I ordered a glass and shared it. It tasted like a vanilla milk shake and was a salmon color. The decor was tasteful and the place was clean and our server friendly and helpful. We will be back there soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Other reviewers have said it all. I just want to chime in and say that this is a great little restaurant. Casual, efficient, inexpensive and delicious. Very fresh with great specials. Get the fried eggplant special if they have it. Crab Rangoon great for an appetizer.

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This place doesn't look like much on the outside or inside. In an old gas station building it seems. However, every time we've been we are blown away by the food quality. Very authentic Thai food. The owners who also are the cooks and servers are from Thailand. Ask for a sample of the Thai tea. Tastes like a milk shake. Every meal comes with free soup and if you tell them your a returning customer you get 5% discount.

1  Thank RMNCTraveler
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Located in a small building on the main street running through Carolina Beach, you could easily pass this place and miss out on a delicious menu of Thai food. We are always suckers for the soup choices and the Pad Thai and this place does not disappoint. Thankfully, it is open year-round!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We enjoy watching the "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" and think that this restaurant offered some of the same positive attributes of those found on this television show. Our family of three stopped for dinner at 6PM the day after Christmas and were immediately seated at one of the half dozen tables. The server was extra polite, friendly, and attentive; she seemed pleased to see us. The atmosphere was shabby but nice. The food was terrific; our order of Spicy Basil was full flavored, as was the Green Curry,and Beef & Broccoli.