“An Under-Visited Gem-Best on the Island”
Review of Ida Thai Cuisine

Ida Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
camellia10
“An Under-Visited Gem-Best on the Island”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I went to Ida Thai after an article in our local paper ran last week. We went for Friday night dinner and it was excellent.

This is a place we'd driven by for years saying "I wonder if that is any good?" The building isn't glitzy like other places on the beach, but this definitely fills the bill of "divey gem." It is very clean on the inside. The service was super prompt and very friendly, but most of all, the food was EXCELLENT!

We had Thom Yum soup, Fresh Rolls, Chicken Satay, Spicy Basil Noodles, and Massaman curry. Everything was top notch.

I've eaten at plenty of restaurants on Carolina Beach and Kure Beach, but this has to be the best I've been to, in terms of food and service. No, there's no view, but if you want actual good food for your money, as opposed to just a view, go here.

Go here anyway!

It's a tremendous value, friendly, and oh so yummy.

• Visited April 2012

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“All Around Great Experience. Excellent Flavors!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had Massaman Curry, Spicy Basil and Fried Rice. Each was wonderfully flavored and had an excellent balance of ingredients. The service was very pleasant and attentive. A great dining experience all around.

• Visited March 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“The best Thai I have ever had!!!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Our neighbor recommended Ida Thai. It is in a small house in Carolina Beach. The food was extremely fresh and amazing. We had three fabulous appetizers and our meals were fantastic. The Pad Thai was the best I have ever had. I highly recommend trying Ida Thai. We will definately return!

• Visited March 2012
“Great take out”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We have ordered take out from Ida's twice now, and I recommend it. The snow crab fried rice is unique and quite good, and their panang curry and tom kha soup are excellent. Fast service. Only downside is that they only provide sporks with take out, and that doesn't work well with soup.

“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I was delighted to find their food every bit as good as a big city Thai restaurant. The seating is nonexistent so you'll want to get take out. But if you're tired of Calabash style seafood, this is an excellent alternative.