“"Terrible"”
Review of Russo's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Russo's Motel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This motel is terrible. My family always go to hotel and motel but this motel is so terrible. they throw the receipt on us. They scream , we stay in the room for about 10 mins and we wanted our refund back so they did but they took 40 dollars away , charge us for cleaning . nobody even use the bathroom and even sit on the bed. They made alot of excuses and called the police on us. i don't recommend this motel to nobody.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin M
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

When you and your adult relative came into our office, we explained to you that we only had one room available and it had two FULL SIZED beds. You translated what I had said and the man agreed and paid for the room. Your family went into the room and stayed for about 30 minutes, at which time the two of you came back to the office and said you wanted a refund because the room was too small. I informed you of our no refund policy and showed you the sign. After calling the owner, he agreed to refund your money, minus a $40.00 cleaning fee. The bathroom had been used and both of the beds had been sat/laid on. So we would have to pay our housekeeper to go back into the room to reclean. The adult handed me his card and I gave him a refund. I laid his card on the counter, which he took back. When I tried to hand him his receipt for the refund, he refused to take it, so I placed it on the counter where the wind from the ceiling fan blew it off. All of this took place while the 2 of you were screaming and yelling in the office. After the refund I asked you to leave the property and you refused. THAT is when I had no choice but to call the police. I think that the language barrier might have played a part in this whole situation and I am sorry that your family left unhappy. The $40.00 cleaning fee is our policy when a situation occurs. You wouldn't want to go into a room someone had been in before you, and no one cleaned up after them, would you?

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My Husband and I have stayed at Russo's hotel twice now, and each time we have been so excited about staying. The rooms are perfect, and view is great, and its just a walk down the rd to the beach. I am looking at coming back some time soon, We absolutely LOVE staying at the Russo's Motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Carolina Beach!

Tammy Rackley
Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2012

fleas in the room and the management did not seem concerned about situation and refused to give a refund they offered another room but fleas can travel from room to room

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Geraldine M
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

We are sorry that you weren't happy with your room. However, I don't know how you can say we (the management) weren't worried about it. We immediately went up to the room to inspect it. We offered to upgrade you to a new room, which you refused. There is a sign in our office where you checked in stating that there are No Refunds. After our inspection of the room, we found only 1 flea in the whole room and that was on the bed you had already turned down and sat on. You told us you had pets at home, so it is likely that the "fleas" you saw were on you when you came into the room. We tried to correct the problem and we are sorry you had to leave. Thank you. Darrell & Tammy Rackley, Managers.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

had a great time, was there for a beach wedding. and was there in july. this is a Family Friendly place, has been remodeled too. the manager's Darrell and Tammy are so helpful and the nices people you would ever want to meet ! will come back time after time !!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed for a couple of nights in July and was not impressed. The room had a stale cigarette smell, the carpet was sticky and the lounge chair grimy. We also had a cockroach in the room. The lock and framework to the door of the room has been broken at some point and made you feel slightly unsafe as it was not securely locked. On a positive note, the location is great, being central to the beach, the boardwalk, restaurants and bars. You did not need to drive once you checked in. The staff were friendly, but the place could do with a serious make-over. Probably quite expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Digby78
Reviewed April 1, 2010

My family and I stayed @ Russo's and we were fully satisfied with our extended stay there. Managers, Mike and Jean were excellent and provided such a good atmosphere for our family to stay and feel welcome. The room was Pristine! Before trying there I'd went to a few other places on the island checking rates and what not. Just entering the room and my decision was made. The room didn't have that musty, beachy smell like many other places around here tend to, instead, It smelled...clean! The room was spacious enough with nice, clean furniture (two comfy lounge chairs, Kitchenette table w/ chairs) The beds were queen size and VERY comfortable. I was also impressed with each room having a nautical themed painting on the wall . It added a bit of flair to the cozy room. Everything down to the toilet paper was above my expectations! I will always recommend this place to friends and family before anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family