“Loved it!”

The Treehouse Bistro aka The Grind
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We went here for coffee in the morning and then dinner at night! Great place, quaint, excellent food and service! Loved it!!! We had the muscles and wanted to lick the bowl they were so good!

There are newer reviews for The Treehouse Bistro aka The Grind

Reviewed August 1, 2011

So normally a trip to Carolina & Kure Beaches means embracing the home cooking/dive bar aspects of my personality (which I do have). I guess a whole day at the beach means it's okay to put away so much fried food and high fructose mixer. Imagine my surprise at finding the Treehouse Bistro, the lone outpost of excellently-prepared, gourmet-ish food and a real wine list in the area. Normally a craving for a rosé from Bordeaux would require a drive back into Wilmington, but now there is no need to brave the beach traffic or leave the breezy coast. And I couldn't be happier.
We tried two small plates (rice and artichoke arancini and tuna tacos with mango "slawsa"). Both were flavorful and perfectly seasoned and proportioned. I should also say that both were timely--we didn't have slow service like some of the other reviewers, although the place was busy when we were there. In fact, the only weakness of the place was that the seating was kind of tight--not too tight for comfort, but too tight for an American clientele (as in, people who will not keep their kids from opening and closing and opening the door of the establishment "for fun" or ask them to stay seated and stop yelling). A big fan on the porch would also be an improvement.
That said, I could see myself going here regularly (and asking for a table away from the kids).

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We love this place. Have never been disappointed with a meal here. This place rivals any restaurant in downtown Wilmington. A must try, if you like tapas style restaurants.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

I read the reviews and this seemed like an excellent and fun place. The restaurant has about 10 tables inside and 5 tables outside. There was not any room inside for our party of 5 so we sat outside, even though it was chilly. They did have outdoor heaters, but they kept going out. We ordered our food which consisted of sandwiches and tapas. We kept asking the waiter why it was taking so long, after being there over an hour and were told the kitchen was really busy. I had to ask them to please bring us some bread since my 10 year old was starving. Finally after 2 1/2 hours they brought out my daughter's dish, which she order vegetarian spring rolls ~~ and the chef forgot to leave out the shrimp !! At that point I asked to speak to the owner, who was also ONE OF THREE chefs and told him how absurd it was to have to wait this long to only get one out of 5 of our meals, which happened to be wrong. He told me they were having a problem in the kitchen since they had a tapas special that evening ~~ I found that crazy since the name of the restaurant on the outside is called Treehouse Bistro - Tapas bar and they had 3 people in the kitche !! I had it and told him to either comp our meals or we were leaving and he said that he would send our waiter. When the waiter came out , HE HAD TO ASK US what was happening, since the owner did not even tell him. Wow, I felt bad for the waiter, but the owner has NO idea what customer service is and has no idea how to run a kitchen. I can not comment on the quality of the food, since we had none !! The wine was good though. We went to a restaurant down the street, got sandwiches and salads and the order was out within 25 -30 minutes, imagine that. Sorry Treehouse Bistro, we gave you ever chance and you failed miserably.

Reviewed January 29, 2011

We had brunch last Sunday morning. I was so pleasantly surprise how delicious the food was. I had the crepes and my husband had a flatbread with shrimp and veggies and because it was Sunday I enjoyed a delicious Mimosa with my meal. Afterwards I ordered a Chocolate Moose and I have to say I will give it RAVE reviews everywhere it was definitely fresh made and so yummy. I will have to go back for more in the future.