“Go for the drinks and steer clear of the food”
Review of The Landing - CLOSED

The Landing
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The biggest red flag is that the description of the food does not match the food that is served. I pointed out to the waitress that both of our entrees were significantly different than described in the menu. She was confused but offered to talk to the cook. The cook said that she was unaware "that the menu said that". The "chowder" is a tomato soup base and you'll need a sieve to find the seafood. Stick with wings and bar fare and you'll be pleased.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Sounds like this place should be great to get away from the daily bustle. Instead our waitress dropped all of her problems on us. She needed a nap!

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

They were advertising a new chef a few weeks ago so we decided to stop in and give them a try. The sever meet us at the door seated us right away. He was very friendly and was just right. We ordered the crab dip which was hot and the fried pita chips yummy. Crab dip had us in heaven . My grilled crasaer was a hit as well. My husband had the jerked chicken which was big upgrade from the last dish. Marinated in a brine of spices and herbs was delightful. Beer was cold and can't wait to go back. The new chef is doing a fantastic job and we will be back for sure ..

1  Thank Uncshrek
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The second we walked in we were greeted by a host. The entire staff is very friendly and happy to serve you. The food was amazing- great sweet potato fries and their cesar salad was amazing. The presentation for the salad was also very impressive. They had fresh lobster that was UNBELIEVABLE!! The manager Chuck checked on us and was also very friendly. The decor is beautiful, very tropical and exciting. Recommending to everyone in the wilmington area.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Made it back to Carolina Beach, and was so excited to take my friend to Tangerine Grill for dinner. I raved to her about our dinner back in June. Boy was I disappointed. The restaurant had gotten a new chef and a new menu. Very few items from the menu in June were available. I was so looking forward to the Conch fritters!! Seafood I was was good, but my friend's salmon was still raw in the middle. My friend had to visit the restroom after dinner and was horrified by what she found. Very nasty stalls!! I don't think I'll be gracing the doors again, which is sad.