Tripadvisor
Carolina Beach
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
The highlight of our Carolina Beach trip.

Captain Pete was very flexible with rescheduling due to unfavorable wind conditions. Communication... read more

Reviewed July 26, 2018
Jill R
Germantown, Maryland
via mobile
Make your visit to the coast something special!

Reviewed August 1, 2016
Tami R
Raleigh, United States

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 1, 2016

My husband and I chartered the Ava Grace for a half day sailing trip for my 60th birthday. Capt Pete and first mate Dale were wonderful. They made sure that the trip was fun and enjoyable. They provided a great lunch and made sure that we had everything we needed during the trip. If you want to experience sailing on the ocean with a very experienced and professional crew this is the charter for you. The Ava Grace is a beautiful vessel and we loved sitting up top soaking in the beautiful views and ocean breeze. We will definitely do this again!

Date of experience: July 2016
4  Thank Tami R
Reviewed July 12, 2016

We have bounced up and down the Carolina coast for years collecting treasured memories on beaches, fishing boats, parasailing, hitting the surf and over-eating at great restaurants!!! Wonderful days indeed. And yet for this last Carolina Beach trip we wanted something unique. Chartering the Ava Grace and Captain Pete turned out to be the highlight of our trip. Captain Pete and First Mate Dale took us out into the open sea, up along Wrightsville Beach and finished it off by cruising down through the intercoastal waterway back to the marina.
The kids got to sit up at the bow and of course Captain Pete had them man the helm to cement their experiences. Eating our packed lunches on the bow gave us more time to spot dolphins and other sea life.

Fishing boat options abound at Carolina Beach but chartered sailing options are limited. Especially if you want to go out on a larger boat. The Ava Grace has cover from the sun, a working bathroom (head), and plenty of room above and below deck. Also, she has state of the art sea-going gizmos to dazzle any kid normally glued to Minecraft.

Yes, we will be going out again!

Date of experience: July 2016