“A very nice place for breakfast.”

Jukebox Junction Soda Shoppe
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Canton
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Staff was as pleasant as any we've ever experienced. I know it's only breakfast, but it was as good as it gets especially their 'cube' potatoes. Place is very clean, efficient and friendly.

1  Thank James H

Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you're looking for a place where the locals eat, go to Jukebox Junction. The menu is best characterized as American Diner and the atmosphere is sort of American Graffiti. The staff is very friendly and attentive, although there are times when things may slow down a bit because the place is absolutely packed. Offering a variety of fork-and-knife meals, Jukebox Junction focuses more on sandwiches and burgers, as well as offering breakfast standards. It is also one of two restaurants in Haywood County that served as locations in the novel "The Tourist Killer." If you like diner and sandwich shop fare, you should enjoy JJ; I've enjoyed everything I ever ordered there (I live only two miles away). We make it a point to take our out-of-town visitors there and everyone seems to love it.

1  Thank BobEtier
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We eat here as locals - it's less than five miles from our house. While we don't know the folks by name, we know their faces. They're the folks who clean up the spills when we pour our waters all over the place for various reasons, and they're always kind about it. This is a great roadside stop for a lot of motorcycle adventurers, and the food is good. It's not a five star, by any means, and the fact that they're a small, family owned business means that they can't keep three chefs on duty to have your food to you in thirty seconds. It's a little bit about ambiance. We eat here a lot as a family and we don't have to spend a fortune.

1  Thank Bernard S
Reviewed November 2, 2013

First the disclaimer, I have eaten at this particular restaurant several times over the last few years and the previous trips have been less than stellar. this is the most recent trip for breakfast around 10am.

We arrived right around 10 am and were promptly greeted by the servers, with a friendly word that we should have a seat and somebody would be with us. it took a few minutes before the server arrived, more than enough time to decide what we wanted to eat. Coffee and water were brought out promptly and were both of good quality.

I ordered the eggs sunny side up with grits and toast with the country fried steak. the eggs were perfectly cooked, toast golden and grits done properly. the country-fried steak was also fried up perfectly and had a tasty pepper gravy on top. All food was served on foam plates with plastic silverware, I am not sure if it is because they are trying to cut down on the dish load or not.

My companion had the same thing except with the crispy potatoes, and they were also extremely well done and were perfectly cooked.

This is a pleasant surprise for me, as the previous trips were less than stellar. I will be going back again in the near future to try it out once more.

Pros:
They know how to cook an egg properly
Once order is taken, food is quickly made and brought out
Fried foods are cooked perfectly.
Prices are still reasonable
Interesting décor based off American pop culture

Cons:
what restaurant uses foam plates and plastic silverware?
may take some time to get your order taken

1  Thank David S
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is definitely my favorite place to eat when coming home to the mountains. My family and friends who live here LOVE it too! We have eaten there 3 times already in one week.
Please don't go by the previous reviews, it has changed owners and it is fabulous! We just celebrated my aunt's 92nd birthday here in their private room. The food was fresh and delicious. The service is always great ... a mix of school students and waitresses in their 30-40's and no matter which one you get...they are all very attentive to your needs. There was a table of bike riders who came to ride/ tour our beautiful WNC mountains. They kept bragging on how wonderful The Jukebox Junction and how lucky they were to find such a gem of a place. We were behind them paying our bill at the register. They gave a nice tip and said "This is from the queen" and commented how good the food was.

Their burgers, chili rolls, hot dogs, grilled cheese, BLT and especially their "crinkle cut" fries are sooo good. Fast food at the popular chains do not even compare! Their hand dipped shakes and variety of pies and cobblers, all made with cream cheese (I love the peanut butter pie, the peach cobbler and the chocolate shakes) are home-made definitely taste home-made. I can't stress how good everything is here. Come by this 50's soda shop / restaurant and enjoy the delicious food and friendly staff. Although as much as I am bragging on this restaurant ... I am in no way affiliated with anyone who owns or works at this restaurant. We all just love it this much! Every time I come up from SC....this is the first place I want to go!
Try it! Come, enjoy the beauty of our mountains, especially the colors of FALL, and experience this little "slice of heaven"! You won't be disappointed!

Open to 8pm M-S and until 3pm on Sunday. Not sure of the opening times...either 8 or 9am. Specials every day. They just started serving breakfast too but I prefer the lunch and dinner the most. I did have some French Toast and Country Fried Potatoes which were both delicious. The only thing I have found that I didn't care for was their bacon...it is tissue thin. The lunch and dinner food is exceptional and what they are known for.

~ Sandra Lyerly Cale