“Professional Friendly Desk Service”

Days Inn Asheville West
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Candler
Columbia, SC
“Professional Friendly Desk Service”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Traveling from Columbia SC looking for stop over. Called all by NC Welcome Center. THIS DAYS INN hands down had friendliest operator Billy, so we choose it. arriving we were greated professionally by Billy w/room options-rate was 1/3 closest hotels 1 exit up. Rooms clean, pool quiet, Comp DINNER and BREAKFAST. looking for 5 star frills this isn't it. You needs are CLEAN, affordable, professionally/respectfully treated I HIGHLY recommend hotel. Mr. Billy at the front desk is tops and the sole reason we choose this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
gmdiaw, General Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
I am delighted to read your review. Billy is my newest guest service agent and has been an absolute pleasure to work with. He is one of the friendliest, kindest and most courteous gentlemen I have ever met and epitomizes the phrase "Southern hospitality". I am very pleased to have him on my staff, all of whom take pride in offering the best service possible. It is very clear from our reviews that all the hard work this team has put in to improving the Days Inn Asheville West in the last few years has not gone unnoticed. Thank you, GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2010

After a very long drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway, my exchange student & I were exhausted and simply looking for a place to sleep. I found this hotel in the Room Saver's booklet for about $10. more than I had paid for parking alone in our 4 star DC hotel the previous nights so I wasn't expecting much. We checked in at almost midnight so didn't get to sample the free dinner but we were really just praying for a "clean" place to sleep.

After climbing to the 3rd floor, upon unlocking the door, we were very pleasantly surprised. Room was very clean, plenty of clean towels & toiletries too. Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. Plus, our room had a mini fridge & microwave. WiFi was free although slow at times. Yes, the carpet could have been newer but then they could have charged a lot more too.

Wake up call was spot on ... breakfast was very good. Staff was very friendly and more than happy to help with directions.

All in all ... the best value of our entire vacation. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and absolutely will stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Asheville West as your stop for the night. I am pleased to know that you were able to take advantage of our travel coupon, which provides the best value in the Asheville area. I am also glad to hear that our friendly Southern hospitality and clean, comfortable rooms left you with a very satisfied experience. Thank you for taking the time to review us and recommend us to your friends and we look forward to your next visit with us. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Roxboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is a cozy hotel, which is recomended for it's location to Asheville, Cherokee and the Great Smokies. The staff is extremely friendly, warm, down home and gracious. They even offer a free dinner to compliment the breakfast. The rooms are clean and well kept, comfortable and best described as no frills style.

This location is not for folks who seek high elegance, or a trendy hot spot. I do commend it for excellent value for the money spent, as well as the staff, who constantly are willing to go above and beyond to accomidate. The only major fault I found was with the internet connection, which was less than high speed at certain times. The surrounding area is near an interstate exit, so some may find it a bit noisy or busy at certain times.

I brought my lab puppy, and she was made welcome for a small fee. They were tolerant that puppy thinks she is a watchdog and barked on occasion. I will visit this Days Inn again when I am in the Asheville area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
gmdiaw, General Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review, you described us to a T! It is always such a pleasure to know that our hard work is appreciated by our guests. I will definitely bring the internet issue to our tech support's attention and hope that they were able to assist you during your stay. The Days Inn Asheville West team takes pride in offering excellent service and we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I was en route from Chicago to Myrtle Beach and was looking for a place to sleep overnight for a reasonable price. I didn’t want to pay much over $100/night since we were only going to be there about 12 hours. I searched hotels.com and found this hotel which is at exit 37 right off I40. When we got to the hotel, the young lady was very nice and efficient. When we got to our room however, the toilet seat was up and someone had used it. We reported this to the front desk and it was cleaned.
The hotel is an old hotel. 3 stories high. 112 rooms. It is decently maintained. There is a small picnic area with a few tables. It is in a rural area so don’t expect big city convenience or standards. It was OK. The room is a standard older hotel. It had two double beds with relatively soft mattresses. Three pillows per bed. The air-conditioning worked well. The thermostat was digital so you could select an exact temperature. The noise of the fan is relatively high but it didn’t disturb our sleep. The hotel is close to the interstate so you do get some road noise but it wasn’t disturbing. The room had a 19 or 21 inch color TV with cable. There were quite a few channels but the picture had some snow. There is free internet access that worked well. There is a Fridge & microwave. The carpet was clean but old. There is a free breakfast buffet that consisted of juice, coffee, cereal, fruit, Danishes and biscuits and gravy.
I would rate this hotel as a 1 out of 5. It was basic but clean. If I were staying longer I’d look for something better. But being right off the interstate it served our purpose.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
gmdiaw, General Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Thank you for your review on the Days In Asheville West and for acknowledging some of our amenities. I'd like to make a note that our TVs are not 19 or 21", but at least 27" in every room. I apologize for the snowy TV and the cleanliness issue and am glad to hear that your complaint was addressed immediately and that everything else was satisfactory. I hope you were able to take advantage of our beautiful pool and free breakfast AND SUPPER. Please know that all your comments will be addressed. The staff at the Days Inn Asheville West takes pride in providing excellent customer service and we hope you will visit us again. Thanks, GM

Travelers are raving about these Candler hotels

Jefferson City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I will honest and say for the price we paid, I expected little from this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised. It is an older-style hotel with exterior rooms (3 floors), but the rooms are pretty clean and updated. There is a nice, clean pool that you walk up to at the end of the hotel. I will say that the customer service will blow you away. The way we were treated here far exceeded some of the much more expensive hotels we have stayed at. The check-in and check-out procedures were very smooth, and they even called to ask if we got set up in the room okay once we were in it. We also had asked for a crib (pack-and-play) for our two boys, and it was ready for us in the room when we checked in (often we have to call and ask for this).

Let me say the real gem is getting to eat with the wonderful lady who makes breakfast and dinner at the hotel. She was a sweetheart with our children and made great home-style meals. She said she loved her job and it definitely showed.

We would recommend this hotels (and already have).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review. It is always such a pleasure to hear the positive feedback on our above and beyond customer service. We do take pride in making you feel at home on your trips and hope you will choose to stay with us whenever you pass this way. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Donna, one of the workers, made us feel like a family member. She cooked up great home cooking for breakfasr and supper.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
gmdiaw, General Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. The Days Inn Asheville West takes pride in offering the best service we can and in making our guests feel at home. It is really nice to have a good home-cooked meal on the house while travelling. Our dining room hostess, Donna, does an excellent job in taking care of everyone and in cooking some delicious suppers and we are very proud of her. Thank you for making her day and we hope we can be of service to you when you pass this way. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Columbia, SC
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I recently moved from SC to Candler, and we needed a place to stay the night before we closed on our house up there. We have pets and were very fortunate to have found the Days Inn. Check in was fast, all of the employees were very courteous and friendly, and the rooms have been recently updated and were incredibly comfortable for a very reasonable price. We stayed in a pet-friendly room and there was no sign that any other pets had been there previously- no hair, no smell, etc. I noticed that they do have non-pet-friendly rooms as well for anyone who may be concerned about allergies. The rooms have a fridge, a coffee maker, free internet, and comfy beds, and they offer a continental breakfast every morning (which we, unfortunately, did not get to enjoy because we were rushed). For around $50 ($60 with pet fee) we could not have found a better place to stay and want to thank the staff for making our trip/move stress-free!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
gmdiaw, General Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and that we were able to make your move to Candler smoother and that all our services were to your satisfaction. We understand how difficult it is to find a hotel that accepts pets and thank you for choosing our pet-friendly hotel for your accomodations. The Days Inn Asheville West takes pride in offering the best service we can and in making our guests feel at home. We wish you the very best as you begin your life in Candler and hope we can be of service to you when you have family and friends visit from out of town. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
#37 of 65 in Asheville
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
#48 of 65 in Asheville
Quality Inn West of Asheville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Sleep Inn West
Sleep Inn West
#16 of 65 in Asheville
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West

Been to Days Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!