“ok”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Candler
Brighton, Colorado, USA
“ok”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here because it was about the only hotel available. We did not know it was peak season here. We paid $144 for a very small room. It was nice enough. Not worth the money but it was was a nice safe place for my daughter and I to sleep. Breakfast was good. They did not take any discounts.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
October is a peak tourist season in the Asheville area and hotel rates and occupancy are especially high on October weekends as I'm sure you discovered by calling various hotels. You may also have found that our rates were lower than most other hotels in the area and I am pleased to know that despite the high rates, you still found us to be nice and safe and enjoyed breakfast. Thank you for reviewing your stay because it will help future guests be aware of the higher October rates and better assist them in planning their visit to the Asheville area. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Long Island, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our 3rd or 4th time staying at Days Inn West Candler. We were disappointed to hear Donna is no longer working there. Too bad, because she made the place. Without her, the quality of service has gone way downhill. With the exception of Doug, he is awesome too, and the only familiar face from previous years. Seems to be a new staff in place who don't care half as much. For instance - the new lady working the breakfast - you couldn't get a smile or greeting out of her. One morning it was pretty quiet when I showed for breakfast at around 8:30. I went to get eggs and there were only 2 left, so I scraped them from the bottom off the aluminum and took them. Five minutes later a gentleman comes in and opens the tray and of course finds it empty. So he politely asked the woman attendant, "Are there any more eggs?" Her reply shocked the heck out of me. She said, "If you don't see any in there, then no". I'm not kidding, and neither was she! Unbelievable. Then after breakfast I had a simple question to ask the woman at the front desk. She didn't know the answer and tried to blow me off. Again, the place was not busy at this time. I had to twist her arm to get her to google something for me real quick on the computer right in front of her. This is a place that desperately needs good customer service to keep it going. It's not gonna make it on the strength of their dirty rooms and noisy guests. This place suited our needs and we liked it well enough to return a couple times. But after this last visit a future stay is questionable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am surprised to read your comments since we receive a lot of compliments on our excellent customer service and have a very friendly and professional front desk staff and a very hard-working dining room attendant who cooks the most delicious suppers. I am sorry to hear you did not experience this, but thank you for acknowledging Doug. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Fayetteville
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Dont let the advertised "hi speed Internet" fool you. It's not hi speed or even any speed at that matter. It just doesn't work.
The breakfast wasn't worth the visit downstairs. They over charged for what you actually get and offered NO discounts for active duty Military. I won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
#38 of 63 in Asheville
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
#47 of 63 in Asheville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Quality Inn West of Asheville
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West
Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40

Been to Days Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!