“Days Inn Survey”

Days Inn Asheville West
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Candler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Hendersonville
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Hospitality is what brought me to this place from Raleigh, NC. The staff was consistently professional, courteous and customer-focused during my 7 day stay. They treated me like family and made me feel very welcome. This was across the board. Even maintenance responded quickly to an issue and eased my concern.

Breakfast is great and when I was on the run, the attendant offered to help me by having it ready. You can't beat those fat fluffy biscuits every morning, with eggs, donuts, juice, fresh fruit available and more. There is complimentary supper each evening. However, if you are a vegetarian or non-red meat eater, plan to eat elsewhere. I didn't realize this fact before arriving and had not budgeted for dinners out each evening. I would like to suggest they provide some one-dish chicken meals such as chicken stew or chicken soup. Those are also low-cost choices.

Nonetheless, I still would have chosen Days Inn Asheville West for the clean rooms, nice amenities and exceptional service. P.S. Don't be fooled by the older look, the rooms have been updated nicely and even have granite countertops in the bathrooms. I would definitely recommend this place and have already bragged about it to family and colleagues.

Room Tip: My room faced the mountains, and I was upstairs. I liked that, but prepared for stairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am very pleased to know you chose to stay with us because we promised genuine southern hospitality and that we delivered what we promised. The Days Inn Asheville West is blessed with a great staff that goes above and beyond to make you feel at home with us. Thank you for acknowledging our cleanliness, upgrades and amenities and for "bragging" about our service. I especially appreciate your excellent dinner suggestions and will consider adding them to our menu. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a well managed property with an exceptional staff. Everyone I came into contact with demenstrated true southern hospitality! I recommend this hotel to everyone that expects a clean room and friendly staff for a very reasonal price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the compliments! I am very pleased to know you had a great experience with us. The Days Inn Asheville West staff takes pride in ensuring our guests have a pleasant stay by providing exceptional, friendly service, clean and comfortable accomodations at the best prices in the Asheville area. I hope you will visit us again when you are in the area. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in a two double bed handicap accessible room. When we arrived at the hotel it was a few minutes after 9. The lobby doors were closed and there was a window with a bell for night time services. I went to the window and rang the bell twice and waiting a little while for someone to come. Finally he happened to just be walking by and asked if I had rang the bell. I, and the man behind me that had arrived while I waited, told him I had, twice. He said you had to hold the button down so make sure if you need someone to hear that bell you hold it down! He was polite and got me checked in quickly. He directed me to my room as well. The room was clean and smelled nice. It was fairly quiet. The only noises we dealt with were when some guest came in kind of late and weren't very quiet as they unloaded into their room. The beds were okay. I have back issues so it's hard to find an appropriate bed for me. I definitely have stayed in other motels with less comfortable beds though. The buttons to change the channel on the remote control didn't work. You had to punch in the number to the channel to change the channel. Since we got in late we were up late and were on the internet. The internet went out around 1 AM and we waiting a few minutes and it never came back up so we went to bed. When we woke up the next morning it was working again though. I went to get some ice and the only ice machine I saw was on the second floor, which meant stairs, which isn't very handicap friendly. Overall it's a good place to stay. Nothing fancy, but definitely worth the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Asheville West. I am pleased to know you found our accomodations to be clean and quiet and the service courteous and an overall good place to stay. I apologize that the night clerk did not hear the bell when he was cleaning and that you had trouble with our new Clean remotes. Our internet operator performs a nightly 15 minute maintenance after 1am and I apologize that it interrupted your work. I thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family was in the area for a funeral, and we were taken care of like family. Our rooms were clean and convenient. Continental breakfast was nice, and a simple dinner for travelers was surprising. The vegetable beef soup was great! I will be staying at this hotel for my visits to Asheville from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike G
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I am very touched that you took the time to review your stay with us during this period of grief. Once again, my deepest condolensces to you and your family for your loss. I am glad to hear we made you feel comfortable and please know that you will always be treated as family when you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Asheville. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
#37 of 65 in Asheville
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
#48 of 65 in Asheville
Quality Inn West of Asheville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Sleep Inn West
Sleep Inn West
#16 of 65 in Asheville
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West

Been to Days Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!