“Nice people”

Buck Horn Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Candler
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I loved everything, sweet lady waited on us. I ask for something to be a little different from the menu and told her I was sorry to be picky. She replied that is one of the easiest request we have received, so nice. Drink glasses never empty. Great food

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Four senior travelers: Service was great, servers were very friendly, food was really excellent. We were in the area for less than 24 hours and ate two meals there!!!

1  Thank ytbTRAVELbyNorthstar
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Appreciated the fresh offerings at the soup/salad bar. One of the drivers at our table had the Ham & Scalloped Potato entree that he said was every bit as good as it looked. Vanessa our waitress was attentive without hovering over us & kept all our glasses filled as we lingered over lunch, waiting for a phone call to confirm details for the next day's delivery. Definitely save room for the Peanut Butter Pie!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I think orionrebel21's review of this restaurant hit the nail on the head. First, let me say that the picture shown here is NOT the place we ate at--it is a TA Country Pride restaurant that when you come in says it is the Buck Horn family Restaurant.

It is the closest eating place to the Days Inn off Exit 37 in Candler.

My wife and I ate there twice, and we enjoyed ourselves. Were our expectations different from going to a higher end restaurant in Asheville or even in Orlando? Of course.

What this place does well is make you feel at home and serve decent comfort food meals. The salad bar was nice, too.

Keep up the good work!

1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I had breakfast there twice. Good service, good food, clean place.