All reviewschestnut cabinwedding partyrustic charmbarnwoodsinkfireplaceproperty
Reviewed October 18, 2017

We stayed at Chestnut cabin and it was love at first sight. Rustic charm with modern amenities. Nestled in a little wooded cove amongst farmland it was the perfect mix of country vs suburbia. Close to grocery stores, restaurants etc, and just a short drive to Asheville, Biltmore and Blue Ridge Parkway. This cabin is ideal for a couple, no full kitchen, but everything you need; sink, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. Also, indoor and outdoor fireplaces with wood provided. Easy no check in process, with gate and house codes emailed prior to check in. Don't expect a quiet evening enjoying the outdoors as all you hear is traffic noise from a nearby highway; but this did not deter me from fully enjoying this property. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2017

I was a member of a wedding party for a wedding last year at the Farm. What I loved about it was that all of the wedding party and their families (all close family) stayed at the Farm and the other guests were at a local hotel. It was actually wonderful because we were able to walk to each other's cabin's and the kids' especially loved that. We helped the bride get ready in her cabin and were able to run back to ours as needed on the day of the wedding. And, we could walk to the "barn" for the wedding and party afterwards then walk home. The venue had beautiful country side views - which were very fitting for our bride who grew up riding horses. It was so convenient and safe - and absolutely gorgeous. Most of the cabins were also spectacular and rustic - but in a really "good" updated way, but I'll admit that mine was the only not-renovated one. It was still very clean and nice but the Full Bed wasn't the greatest. I would really like to give this rating a 4.5 Star due to that one cabin, but that isn't an option- so I'll go for the 5. I would absolutely recommend this venue/hotel to anyone wanting an intimate wedding.

Room Tip: Everyone room but the small cottage closest to the highway was great
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank kfoodman
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

I came here for a Christmas present which includes the cottage and the culinary experience. I must say that I am more the blown away by the whole experience. We stayed in the Chestnut cottage and it is so cute. The details are so grand and makes you feel like you're in the middle of the woods. It Is very peaceful. Every morning with the culinary experience you get an amazing breakfast. Then at night the tastiest , original and most entertaining dinner you will ever experience. Executive Chef Michael and Sous Chef Dan make everything from scratch. Most of the ingredients are grown on the farm. Dinner was short braised ribs that was by far the best I have ever had nestled on top of a sweet potato cake and collard greens. So amazing !!! You have to try this place.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roccosoprano
thefarmcabins, Front Office Manager at The Farm Cabins & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

Rocco,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at The Farm! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 16, 2016

Outstanding time at The Farm for my holiday gathering for my company. Top notch service and venue. Tandoori chicken, wood fired vegetables, shrimp and grits with okra. Peanut butter pie and lemon tart pie....top notch and will be back again!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Linusnc
thefarmcabins, Owner at The Farm Cabins & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2016

Thanks so much for your kind words. We loved having you and your team here for your holiday party. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

Our family stayed in these lovely cabins for several days when we had a wedding here. The cabins are perfectly rustic and comfy whether you get one for a couple or an entire family. Well stocked with the necessities we needed to serve a meal to a group, and big enough for a party. Thank you to Beverly and family for a great stay!

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family