“Beautiful mountain campground”
Review of Asheville West KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Candler
Asheville West KOA
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 40 ft MH. Staff were very nice and friendly. They offered a pancake breakfast and ice cream social with donations going to kids camp ( for kids fighting cancer). They staff here goes out of their way to meet your needs. The only problem is its a little tight getting in and out with a large MH. We would love to stay here again if in the area. Great atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Asheville West KOA

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night after a visit to Asheville, NC. We arrived after dark and left by 9 or 10 the next morning so I really didn't see much. They left an info packet at the desk for us since we arrived after hours and provided us with a number to reach them if necessary.
We stayed in a tent so I don't know anything about the cabins. The campsite was plenty big enough, had water and electric hookups, small fire ring, and a picnic table. I chose not to put my tent in the area provided for it due to all the berries from the trees and instead placed my tent closer to my car so there were a lot of gravels.....no one's fault, just how it is.....the tent site was nice and shaded and I'm sure would be great earlier in the year....I just didn't want to clean to my tent.
I was actually closer to the bathrooms than it appeared on the map...which was great. The bathroom/showers were clean enough....just as clean as anything I found in state parks if not cleaner.

It's less than 5 minutes from the interstate so it's convenient. You can hear the interstate but I didn't find it too loud....possibly though because it was drown out by the crickets, jar flies, frogs, etc. which were particularly loud that night and made for great sleeping. I'm doubt you could hear the interstate in an RV or cabin though.

Also there's a dollar store and truck stop nearby as well as a gas station or two if you happen to need anything. I think I saw a Hardee's too but I'm not sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 77hollyb
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed in one of the cabins on the camp ground- it was a great stay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed in a kamping kabin which was conveniently located next to the office and shower/bathroom facilities, which were very clean, considering campground was full for the weekend. My stay here was fine, as always with KOA. The only issue I had was that because all of the kabins were full for the weekend, the trash cans were overflowing. I'm sure that this is nothing unusual for a crowded weekend, so management should have expected this. Except for myself, everyone checked out on Sunday. By Sunday nite the trash cans were still overflowing because they had not been emptied. On Monday morning, it was obvious that overnite, an animal had raided the cans and left the area in quite a mess. I would stay here again. Great location and rates.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed for five nights. The Campground was very clean and staff friendly. It is right off of I40 and although their was traffic noise with the door closed it was not a problem. I definitely would stay their again. It was very convenient in visiting Asheville and the Cherokee areas.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GaryGeorgia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We had travelled the US in an RV 4 years ago but this time we were travelling in a car and staying in motels. Well, we were sick of motels so decided to book a night at this KOA park. We got one of their tiny little cabins that looked like something out of Little House on the Prairie. It only had beds but it was just like camping and the amenities were fine especially the private showers. It was a pretty place to walk around and the autumn leaves just made it even prettier.
Bought a breakfast there at the camp kitchen which was adequate and helped us be ready to hit the road again.
A nice experience and can't wait to revisit in an RV again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank frizzy63
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed for 6 nights. The camground was clean, well managed and priced right. Felt very secure. Great access to Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is close to I-40, but if you turn on the AC and close the windows you can sleep just fine. Will return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RDPLakeCity_FL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Quality Inn West of Asheville
#39 of 66 in Asheville
Comfort Inn Biltmore West
Comfort Inn Biltmore West
#29 of 66 in Asheville

Been to Asheville West KOA? Share your experiences!