“Great family place.”
Review of Asheville West KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Candler
Asheville West KOA
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed in one of the cabins on the camp ground- it was a great stay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed in a kamping kabin which was conveniently located next to the office and shower/bathroom facilities, which were very clean, considering campground was full for the weekend. My stay here was fine, as always with KOA. The only issue I had was that because all of the kabins were full for the weekend, the trash cans were overflowing. I'm sure that this is nothing unusual for a crowded weekend, so management should have expected this. Except for myself, everyone checked out on Sunday. By Sunday nite the trash cans were still overflowing because they had not been emptied. On Monday morning, it was obvious that overnite, an animal had raided the cans and left the area in quite a mess. I would stay here again. Great location and rates.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed for five nights. The Campground was very clean and staff friendly. It is right off of I40 and although their was traffic noise with the door closed it was not a problem. I definitely would stay their again. It was very convenient in visiting Asheville and the Cherokee areas.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GaryGeorgia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We had travelled the US in an RV 4 years ago but this time we were travelling in a car and staying in motels. Well, we were sick of motels so decided to book a night at this KOA park. We got one of their tiny little cabins that looked like something out of Little House on the Prairie. It only had beds but it was just like camping and the amenities were fine especially the private showers. It was a pretty place to walk around and the autumn leaves just made it even prettier.
Bought a breakfast there at the camp kitchen which was adequate and helped us be ready to hit the road again.
A nice experience and can't wait to revisit in an RV again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank frizzy63
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed for 6 nights. The camground was clean, well managed and priced right. Felt very secure. Great access to Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is close to I-40, but if you turn on the AC and close the windows you can sleep just fine. Will return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RDPLakeCity_FL
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Everything was just perfect during my stay, and i do not think that it was just luck. I think that the staff and grounds are as close to campground perfect as you can get on a daily basis. The grounds were well kept. The bath house was very clean. The Kabins form a circle around a camp kitchen that was very useful. I haven't had this at other KOA's and found it a luxury to have an outdoor stovetop, sink and large table enclosed in a gazebo area...made grilling/cooking a breeze. I always stay in the primitve Kabins at KOA's and this helped tremendously. I have already reserved 2 more Kabins for a long weekend with my family next month.

Yes there was highway noise and after reading other reviews i almost let it deter me. But i am so glad i didn't. As another reviewer wrote: Noise from I40 may bother some- but the atmosphere of the campground makes up for the noise. I agree 100%.

Just fyi....I stayed in Kabin K2.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iwork2play
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We stayed at this KOA in our travel trailer; my in-laws stayed in one of the primitive cabins. The campground was beautiful, from the entrance to the office to the sites. It's a family-owned campground, so the staff is mostly family. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful. My in-laws' cabin was very cute and worked well for them. Just keep in mind that it is a primitive cabin so it is very small with no amenities and no plumbing; they knew that when they made the reservation, so they were prepared. The shower and bathroom were close by and well-maintained, so that wasn't a problem.

We only had two complaints - our RV site didn't have a concrete or paved pad so it was slightly un-level; and the proximity to I40, while convenient, made it somewhat noisy. Perhaps if there was an ordinance against truckers using their air brakes, that would help.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple