“You NEED to stay here.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Candler B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“You NEED to stay here.”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This place is amazing. We went here for our wedding night, and came back 3 months later. Nestled on what is surely one of the most beautiful plots of land in North Carolina. The breakfast is the best I've ever had. You NEED to stay here. Love Gretchen and Cheryl, they are the amazing people who run this fine establishment!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HoneyHillInn, Owner at Engadine Inn & Cabins, responded to this review, October 30, 2010
It is such a pleasure to have you stay with us! It is guests like you who make our jobs so fulfilling! And thank you so much for your wonderful reviews.

Best,

Cheryl and Gretchen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Campbell, California
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I found the spacious cabin we stayed in to be super-clean and thoughtfully equipped, in a beautiful setting. After a day of driving around the Asheville area, including the fabulous Blue Ridge Mountains, it felt like going home to return to the cabin. The women who run the inn were warm and friendly, and always ready to provide us with information when we needed it. We were too lazy to manage to make it to the 9:00 a.m. breakfast at the Inn but heard from others that we should have because it was great.

I did need the clock radio that also provided white noise to sleep at night, since although the cabins are on a large, well kept property, they sit above a busy highway. I wholeheartedly recommend the Inn, and when I return to Asheville will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, making sure we were comfortable. Our cabin was cozy and comfortable with a grill and chairs & table. Nestled in the Smoky Mtns with a great view all around. Breakfast at the B & B was wonderful. Pet friendly as we take our pug on all our trips. Look forward to coming back for the peaceful & beautiful views & when the the colors of the trees are more abundant. Close to the Blue Ridge Pkwy & to trails to hike on.

West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Just returned from my first trip to the Asheville area and to Honey Hill. I cannot seem to find adjectives that adequately express how wonderful my experience was at Honey Hill. The 3 course breakfasts were beyond anything that I have had at other B&Bs. The presentation, preparation and the variety were fabulous! The group of guests hated to leave the table and lingered well beyond what I am sure was the average time spent eating this delicious meal. The room (Vineyard Room) was large,spotless, and had the most comfortable king sized bed ever. Both Cheryl and Gretchen knock themselves out in their efforts to provide each guest with whatever they need to make their stay a memorable one. The grounds are equally impressive with dramatic panoramas seemingly everywhere one looks! I am already looking forward to a return trip!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Loved this B&B! The breakfasts were some of the most delicious and beautifully presented we have ever had! And the feather beds were dreamily comfortable. Extremely friendly owners, laid back atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed every minute at Honey Hill Inn and Cabins. We stayed in the Looking Glass Cabin over looking the beautiful mountain landscape. The cabin was adorable. Perfect for two or a young family. Gretchen and Cheryl, the owners, were fabulous! Their attention to detail in the cabins, in their preparation of breakfast and in the maintenance of the surroundings is really outstanding. They treat you like you were a part of their family. Wonderful place! Looking forward to going back.

Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I was the planner for an extended family visit to NC to visit relatives in the area. I started planning the trip in July 2010 and came across the listing for Honey Hill. I was a little nervous to book a B&B that just opened a couple of months prior but I was impressed by their personal website and took a chance that the website pictures were true to life.

I am so glad I did; Honey Hill exceeded our expectations!

The four of us stayed in the Mt. Mitchell cabin for 3 nights. The cabin was ideal for our mature parents who stayed on the first floor. It was very clean and there was enough space between all the cabins to give us privacy. The night sky was magnificent. We bundled up and spent time picking out constellations and gazing in awe at the Milky Way. The mountain view is probably one of the best in the Asheville area.

The only reason I gave Sleep Quality a 4 stars instead of 5 is because the upstairs bedroom has no door. Its private but I’m not used to that. Also I’d recommend ear plugs if you’re a light sleeper as I am. (My spouse on the other hand slept like a baby.) The sound from the distant highway carries to the cabin.

We treated ourselves to breakfast in the manor for our last morning. The dining room is the perfect setting for breakfast. Cheryl and Gretchen (the owners/hostesses) were very friendly and the food was amazing. The entire experience was relaxing and made us feel at home.

We enjoyed ourselves so much we plan on returning.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West
#26 of 66 in Asheville
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
#37 of 66 in Asheville

Been to Engadine Inn & Cabins? Share your experiences!