“NESTLED IN THE MOUNTAINS IN ALL DIRECTIONS SERENE & RELAXING”

Engadine Inn & Cabins
Ranked #1 of 2 Candler B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, making sure we were comfortable. Our cabin was cozy and comfortable with a grill and chairs & table. Nestled in the Smoky Mtns with a great view all around. Breakfast at the B & B was wonderful. Pet friendly as we take our pug on all our trips. Look forward to coming back for the peaceful & beautiful views & when the the colors of the trees are more abundant. Close to the Blue Ridge Pkwy & to trails to hike on.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

Just returned from my first trip to the Asheville area and to Honey Hill. I cannot seem to find adjectives that adequately express how wonderful my experience was at Honey Hill. The 3 course breakfasts were beyond anything that I have had at other B&Bs. The presentation, preparation and the variety were fabulous! The group of guests hated to leave the table and lingered well beyond what I am sure was the average time spent eating this delicious meal. The room (Vineyard Room) was large,spotless, and had the most comfortable king sized bed ever. Both Cheryl and Gretchen knock themselves out in their efforts to provide each guest with whatever they need to make their stay a memorable one. The grounds are equally impressive with dramatic panoramas seemingly everywhere one looks! I am already looking forward to a return trip!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Loved this B&B! The breakfasts were some of the most delicious and beautifully presented we have ever had! And the feather beds were dreamily comfortable. Extremely friendly owners, laid back atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed every minute at Honey Hill Inn and Cabins. We stayed in the Looking Glass Cabin over looking the beautiful mountain landscape. The cabin was adorable. Perfect for two or a young family. Gretchen and Cheryl, the owners, were fabulous! Their attention to detail in the cabins, in their preparation of breakfast and in the maintenance of the surroundings is really outstanding. They treat you like you were a part of their family. Wonderful place! Looking forward to going back.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

I was the planner for an extended family visit to NC to visit relatives in the area. I started planning the trip in July 2010 and came across the listing for Honey Hill. I was a little nervous to book a B&B that just opened a couple of months prior but I was impressed by their personal website and took a chance that the website pictures were true to life.

I am so glad I did; Honey Hill exceeded our expectations!

The four of us stayed in the Mt. Mitchell cabin for 3 nights. The cabin was ideal for our mature parents who stayed on the first floor. It was very clean and there was enough space between all the cabins to give us privacy. The night sky was magnificent. We bundled up and spent time picking out constellations and gazing in awe at the Milky Way. The mountain view is probably one of the best in the Asheville area.

The only reason I gave Sleep Quality a 4 stars instead of 5 is because the upstairs bedroom has no door. Its private but I’m not used to that. Also I’d recommend ear plugs if you’re a light sleeper as I am. (My spouse on the other hand slept like a baby.) The sound from the distant highway carries to the cabin.

We treated ourselves to breakfast in the manor for our last morning. The dining room is the perfect setting for breakfast. Cheryl and Gretchen (the owners/hostesses) were very friendly and the food was amazing. The entire experience was relaxing and made us feel at home.

We enjoyed ourselves so much we plan on returning.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2010

My partner and I absolutely loved our stay at Honey Hill Inn... Our innkeepers, Cheryl and Gretchen, were so charming and welcoming. The location was so peaceful... We stayed in one of several cabins on the property, that allows pets. Our view of the mountains out of our bedroom window was spectacular. The morning breakfasts were so delicious. We would definitely want to visit again and again. It was a romantic place to celebrate our anniverary.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

The cabin was great - nice and relaxing. Didn't even want to leave to get food! Our hosts were so very welcoming and breakfast at the main house was delicious. I wish we could have stayed longer than two nights, but had to return to the grind. I hope we can return for another stay sometime soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
The Residences at Biltmore
#1 of 39 in Asheville
Melange Bed and Breakfast
Melange Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 15 in Hendersonville

Been to Engadine Inn & Cabins? Share your experiences!