“Awesome place, awesome time, awesome hosts!”

Engadine Inn & Cabins
Ranked #1 of 2 Candler B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What an absolutely beautiful place! Gretchen and Cheryl are amazing hosts and their breakfast is to die for. Do not pass the Honey Hill Inn up if you are considering a warm and inviting place to stay while in Asheville. My wife and I will be back- guaranteed!

Room Tip: The Inn is beautiful but the cabins are awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at Honey Hill Mother's Day weekend and it was wonderful. Cheryl and Gretchen make you feel like you are staying with family. Our room was immaculate. The breakfast was outstanding. We never stayed at a B&B before but would definetly do it again, forget the chain hotels and stay at Honey Hill.

Room Tip: just look at the photos online and pick the room you like there are no surprises it will look like t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I loved this place. We spent two nights at the Cherokee cabin and two in a room in the house. Every day we had a wonderful breakfast, which was part of our living social deal, and each breakfast was amazing! The place is so nice, Ms. Gretchen and Ms. Cheryl are wonderful and very helpful and accommodating and we had an awesome time. Needless to say, we want to go back! I highly recommend it. The mansion is nice, big rooms, nice tea and cookies from 3pm to 7pm every day, and they even provided us with beach towels for one of our activities. It's close to Asheville, yet located in a place where you can get away and relax. We left the cabin with tears in our eyes. Kidding, but almost.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We just left this fabulous B&B today and am already missing it. I had purchased a Living Social deal and my experience was top notch from beginning to end. The innkeepers, Cheryl and Gretchen, could not have been any nicer. Sometimes, when I have used a voucher from Groupon or Living Social, the merchant has been a bit standoffish. Even though the main purpose of these deals is to introduce you to their business. That was far from the case here.

Our room, the Mary Hoyte room, was large and impeccably clean. The bathroom was also quite large. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room has a comfy couch in a little nook plus a nice chair with footrest. The closet accommodated all our bags comfortably. We did not hear any noise from our neighbors. And we did have neighbors. From what I saw, I believe that none of the rooms actually share a wall with other rooms. I might be wrong but that is what it looked like. We did hear a bit of road noise, but only in the morning.

That was the "bed" part. Now for the breakfast. Each morning my senses were awakened by the wonderful aroma of breakfast being prepared. Let me start by saying that I really am not a huge breakfast person. But oh, my goodness! That was some good stuff! The first morning, we had amazing French toast stuffed with strawberries and accompanied by the most deliciously crispy bacon. The 2nd morning, we were served a cheese, bacon and spinach quiche which was equally delicious and I don't even eat eggs! Both meals were preceded by a fruit course and were both really yummy. Not just sliced fruit.

They have the cutest little doggies that allowed me to give them a little cuddle since I was missing my pup.

The grounds are beautiful! I only wish that we had more time, and better weather to explore some more. Next time. And there definitely will be a next time.

1  Thank Lissete
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Honey Hill Cabins exceeded my expectations. The cabin was so clean and beautiful so beautiful we didn't want to leave. Ms Gretchen and Ms Cheryl made us feel like family. I strongly recommended everyone to visit Honey Hill Cabins. We have decided to make this visit a yearly tradition. Thank you for a great mini vacation. Thelma Allen

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We (mom, dad, 2 kids) booked the Mt. Mitchell cabin for 3 nights and had a wonderful stay! We enjoyed exploring the hill and little creek behind the cabin, visited the Biltmore estate and Asheville (15 min. drive from cabin) and had a great time in this cozy cabin. Cabin was very clean, fresh towels and sheets, fire place, wood for fire place, SUPER cozy. We also very much enjoyed the breakfast that was delivered to our cabin: delicious granola, fruit, yoghourt, good coffee. GREAT place to stay. We highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We loved our stay at the Honey Hill Asheville Inn and Cabins. We were in a quaint little cabin so we had our own space and could relax as a couple with the TV and not have to worry about hearing other parties our in the hallways or the rooms next to us. The view was GORGEOUS!!! Cheryl and Gretchen we so charming and helpful!!! All of our communications with them were very informative and helpful and we felt they really went out of their way to make our stay a great one!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Comfort Inn Biltmore West
Comfort Inn Biltmore West
#29 of 66 in Asheville
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West
The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Asheville Westgate, NC
Quality Inn West of Asheville

Been to Engadine Inn & Cabins? Share your experiences!