“Thoroughly impressed!”

Brunswick Plantation Golf Resort
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I'm impressed each time that I stay at Brunswich Plantation. For the price, you can't beat it. The rooms are spacious and very clean. When staying there with my family, it's nice to have a full kitchen and a washer/dryer. Also, the staff are ver personable. Very impressed...and plan to return.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 30, 2010

Let me start off by saying the gated community that the resort is located in is beautiful. The room was very basic with 2 full size beds and a small tv, it did have a small whirlpool bath. The room does not come with a hair dryer or a iron, we did call to see if there was anyway we could get a iron and we were told they are all checked out for the weekend. When we checked in the lady at the front desk was rather rude which upset my husband, she asked me our last name and when I told her she pretty much told me I was pronouncing my last name wrong.Honestly I will pay a little more next time to stay some where a little nicer with a more friendly staff. Its like the saying goes you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Casie1209
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We just returned from Brunswick Plantation in Calabash and wish we were still there! The condo was beautifully appointed. The entire staff was gracious and helpful. The golf course is exceptional and has a clubhouse that you must see to appreciate. There's a 27 hole layout that offers a real test to any level player, (our two kids were able to play from the front tees and keep up with dad without any problem). Sunset Beach is only 10 minutes away and we swam in the ocean everyday. Lots of great places to eat in Calabash or right down the road in Little River. Take it from someone who has been vacationing in this area for 30 years-this place is the best!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Spryco
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We stayed in a 2 bedroom lock-out on the 2nd floor overlooking the golf course. The rooms were modern and very clean, lots of room and great amenities. The pool was clean with fresh toweling availlabe. The fitness facility is nice with good working equipment. And the Brunswick people are very friendly. The location is grest, only 15 minutes from N. Myrtle Beach and many super restaurants, ie Chianti South, Benny Reppas, the Boundary House etc .

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I came to Calabash to visit friends and go to the beach. The location was great; close to shopping, beaches and great resturants. I found the condo to be spacious, well equipped, and very clean. I enjoyed taking long walks in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We booked a villa for two nights before checking into our beach house. My nine year old found condoms and a glass pipe filled with marijuana in the drawer. Not one manager called me back after this. My husbands truck was hit. Another couples van was kicked in. We were shocked! It was beautiful there. Bit the clientel was awful.. Drug dealers and partiers. Billy one of the managers finally called me and he offered my husband free c
golf.. However when my husband called to set it up he never called us back!! He blew us off ! Terrible customer service. The front desk lady said they hired extra security because of all the problems they've been having!! Ignorant managers

2  Thank Mundi55
Manager030, General Manager at Brunswick Plantation Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2010

The guest booked a two night stay at Brunswick Plantation and our housekeepers failed to check the dresser draws during the check--out/check-in procedures. The manager apologized to the guest on the day of the incident. The guest demanded compensation and an offer for a free day of golf was initially declined but an offer for a free night stay was accepted and issued. On the evening of the second night the guest complained that some young boys were tossing a football in the parking lot and it bounce and struck their vechicle. They requested to check out that evening and a refund for the second night was issued to their credit card.The next day I received a voice mail from the guest staying in a beach house demanding free golf at our resort for the next day. We considered the request to be unreasonable.
Manager030

Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed at the Brunswick Plantation resort from 7/8/10 - 7/10/2010. We had the 1bedroom full kitchen unit. My room was filthy - I am not exaggerating. The floors had dirt and sand on them, there was a dirty towel left on the balcony. The linen was cheap and unchanged as the top sheet was hanging off the bed. Fortunately, there was a washer and dryer - I had to wash the sheets. The maids came in and cleaned the floors. The iron did not work and there was no ironing board. You should also bring your own toilet tissue - as supplies are limited in the rental office.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BELLAS49
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabash
Islander Inn
The Winds Resort Beach Club
#2 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach
4 mi away
Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center

Been to Brunswick Plantation Golf Resort? Share your experiences!