“Choices, choices, choices......”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Casual Dining restaurant on North Carolina Coast
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The distinct problem in Calabash, NC is that there's too many great places to eat seafood! The perfect solution? Pick ELLA'S as the best one to have lunch and you will be happy, happy, happy!!!
You'll think that you have distant relatives working there, they're so down to earth friendly and helpful.
The seafood is out of this world great. I'd recommend the "pick two" option in order to sample two
types of food at the same time, have your spouse or friend pick a different two and then you both can
sample four different WONDERFUL seafoods!!!! and don't forget to ask about their fantastic pizza.....
(itza joke......they don't have pizza!!!).....but it'll put a smile on their face!!! Go there and enjoy some of the best seafood around at a great price. You'll thank me.

1  Thank HungryGreek32955

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We go to Myrtle Beach several times a year and usually go to Ella's for a meal. My wife really likes fried shrimp. I usually have a combo platter of some sort. We ate there twice our last trip. Food was hot and plentiful. Both times we missed their lunch special that expires at 4 pm. As senioprs we had senior specials. The lunch special, senior special and small seafood platters appear to be the same but priced differently.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We live near Wilmington, and everytime we travel to Myrtle Beach, we always make sure we go through Calabash so we can eat at Ella's. Just doesn't get any better than this. The portions are very generous, especially the lunch specials. You can't eat at McDonald's for the same price. The seafood is always fresh and not greasy. The hushpuppies are excellent. And I love being able to get a baked potato instead of french fries. Most recently, we ate there Saturday (Dec 28th) on our way to a show in Myrtle Beach. We arrived about 5:15pm and were surprised that there was a line waiting to get in. My husband got the 1/2 oyster roast, and it was served in a huge pot. He loved every minute, shucking the oysters. I had the senior shrimp and oysters with the baked potato, and it was plenty to eat and scrumptious. They were super busy, but the service was very good.

1  Thank GininNC
Reviewed December 28, 2013

While we were staying in North Myrtle Beach, SC, my husband asked the front desk where they would go get calabash seafood....He told them we want to go where you locals would go. So they sent us North about 20 minutes to Ella's Seafood in Calabash, NC. Very much a small family run restaurant with lots of good food for very reasonable prices Lunch specials were great. Waitress was very pleasant and efficient. Highly recommend

1  Thank ibeasavage
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My daughter, granddaughter and I ate at Ella's last Wednesday evening and it was definitely worth the drive from Conway. Everything was great we will definitely be eating there again.