“Beautiful Course with tremendous views and Wildlife”

The Pearl Golf Links
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pearl Golf Course offers golf specials all year round. Play the Pearl East or The Pearl West with your friends and family. We are located a short drive from Myrtle Beach, SC. Sharpen your skills with a session on the driving range or lessons from our golf pro. Our pro shop has all the equipment you need and if you don't have clubs you can play with ours!
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Played this course at the end of July. I had read some negative reviews but our group had a lot of fun playing on the Calabash River at this scenic course. I admit, a couple of tee boxes were a little rough, but for late July in the heat the greens were acceptable. We saw a couple of deer on the back 9. Green Fee was great with Juniors playing free. We will be back next summer.

There are newer reviews for The Pearl Golf Links

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Played today with my brother-in-law and my two nephews. I am not exaggerating that it is likely the worst course I've played. Booked Pearl West for 9:30. Arrived and were told it was closed and they put us on East at 9:50. We roll. Only THREE GREENS were, well, GREEN! Several tee boxes were DIRT. At one point we saw FIVE sets of golfers before and after us... stacked up. Played Thistle yesterday and it's from another planet.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I love the Pearl. It's a great layout and they named it perfectly - after a GEM.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

What a waste of a beautiful day! This course, East, is a mess. Little or no grass on several fairways. Newly opened greens are "lumpy". Not one true roll. Couldn't pay me to play this course again. Do yourself a favor and try Thistle across the road. It's a beautiful, challenging course.

PearlGolfPro, General Manager at The Pearl Golf Links, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

I noticed this review and was wondering if we could get you to come try us again. We have changed over management and have a new superintendent since your last visit. We have worked very hard getting the courses back in shape. Please feel free to call me at 910-579-8132 ext 3.

Mike Benson
Head Golf Professional

Reviewed September 27, 2011

The layout of back nine is awesome but the course needs some work. I would think that you would be better off at Brunswick plantation or Sea Trail. Overall a good experience but it was not in great shape.