“Soft bagels, great sandwiches!”
Review of Bagel Dock Cafe

Bagel Dock Cafe
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Calabash
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My in-laws live in Calabash, so we're there fairly regularly. There are so many restaurants in the Calabash/Little River/Myrtle Beach area that we rarely go to the same place twice. I read other reviews about bad parking etc., but I didn't find that to be true. There's seating indoors and out, lots of bagel flavors to choose from and lots of toppings to choose from. I had the chicken salad on a sun-dried tomato bagel, and it was heavenly! They also serve Boars Head deli meat and have breads other than bagels if that's what you want.

The staff was polite, but a little curt. It wasn't out of rudeness, but it was lunchtime and the place was packed, so they were trying to help everyone as efficiently as possible. I knew the owners were from the northeast, so when I ordered the sweet tea, I wasn't sure how it would be since southerners are typically the only ones who get it right, but it was just the way it should be.

There were 4 of us and we all got something different and everyone really enjoyed their meal. They do go pretty light on the side items, but you don't really need it considering the size of the bagels and the amount of toppings they put on. They're open for breakfast and lunch and close at 3pm, so if you're in the area, consider stopping by and having a great deli sandwich. I know we'll be going back!!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place is located right downtown in the middle of Calabash. They have inside and outside seating. They offer a variety of breakfast and lunch sandwiches plus the usual bagels, coffee, etc. that would be expected. Everything is fresh and the bagels are great! It is a nice place for a quick breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great place for bagels and coffee. It was a daily morning stop for us during our stay in the area. The bagels are the best around. Try the everything bagel with olive and pimento cream cheese...my favorite. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Bagel Dock has excellent bagels, bagel flats, mini bagels and other deli items. Their breakfast sandwiches are great!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's hard to find good bagels and deli-style sandwiches that Bagel Dock has to offer. Their egg salad and tuna salad are excellent, and favorites of mine. My Dad likes the bagel dog. Their salads and cream cheeses are excellent as well. The people that work here are friendly and the atmosphere has that local quality that you can't get in a chain restaurant. Worth the drive to Calabash from the Myrtle Beach area.

1  Thank RobinL7