“Best Bagel I Ever Had - Not to be missed!”
Review of Bagel Dock Cafe

Bagel Dock Cafe
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Calabash
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Burke, Virginia
“Best Bagel I Ever Had - Not to be missed!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I know my bagels and have a great place in Rehobeth DE - but this spot is the best bagel ever. They make them on site and the bagels are HUGE and soooooo soft. If you are near Myrtle Beach make sure you find the town of Calabash just so you can experience this great place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank L K

Calabash, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sandwiches”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had a Turkey Melt on Asiago bagel(scooped for less carbs) Staff was super, sandwich was deliscious! Love their eggwhite, spinach, and feta wrap for breakfast, now am happy to have a new lunch place too! For people looking for good food with healthier options the Bagel Dock is the perfect stop!

Visited October 2012
New York
“Not that great and staff needs to learn some manners”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Besides little or no parking, if you know what a true NY bagel is (kettle boiled) these are not 100 percent authentic. I inquired about their "asiago cheese bagels" (they are a flattened bagel with asiago cheese on it) the lady at the counter snapped at me "THOSE AREN'T INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF A DOZEN BAGELS!!!" which was completely innappropriate. Besides the blandness and tight space - not much room to move around, I'm not understanding how people can love this place, but, if you're in the middle of nowhere I guess you settle on what's closest. Honestly, if you want a real deal NY bagel, go over to the old Lowes food store plaza on the corner of 904 and Georgetown - Bagels and Sandwedges - you will not be dissapointed and the folks there are down to earth and the bagels are true to form. Bagel Dock Cafe certainly missed the boat.

• Visited September 2012
6 Thank elikat02
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Just like New York Bagels”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have found this excellent Bagel sandwich shop in the heart of Calabash, NC.
Margaret & Carmine from the Northeast opened this Gem a few years ago and its a constant hit. I travel 8 miles just for the Marble Rye Bagels. The egg taylor ham & cheese are a meal that I look forward to. Wow we finally have a great value priced Bagel/Sandwich shop in SouthEast North Carolina !!!! THANKS

• Visited September 2012
Sunset Beach, North Carolina, United States
“Needs More Parking”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I dropped by the Bagle Dock thismorning with my family on our way back from Myrtle Beach airport. We were hungry because we didn't eat before our 7am flight into M.B. so we stopped at the Dock and ordered bagels. I got an egg and bacon bagle sandwich and it was pretty good. My mom got a raisin bagel with apple cinnimon spread and it was very good. There were a lot of spreads to choose from and many bagel types to choose from. I will definately be going back to try some different combinations. They seemed to have a good variety of breakfast food and lunch foods including wraps and sandwiches. My only complaint is that the parking lot wasn't big enough.

• Visited August 2012