“Never again”

Captain Raymond's Fishing and Crusies
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our family is a frequent guests of the Hurricane Fleet. We had reservations for today for the 1/2 day AM bottom fishing trip, but it was unfortunately canceled due to mechanical problems. BUMMER! It was suggested we book with Captain Raymond Charters, so we did. However, it was a huge disappointment. The boat was very overcrowded, deckhands seemed clueless, and the captain did not reposition the boat to find fish. On Hurricane Fleet, we have been spoiled. After this experience, we will never consider another group.

5  Thank AndeeDawn

Reviewed May 19, 2013

After reviewing all the previous positive reviews, we decided to book with Capt. Raymond’s operation.

The weather was good, 2-3 ft waves, no one sick and fairly spacious (due to half capacity) for the specific day. Plenty of small fish caught, ALL undersized at 6-8 inches. Lots of sharks caught and released.

The tackle seemed old and everyone was told to catch from one side only. Lines would tangle due to folks landing sharks. At the beginning of the trip, the first mate stated that only the men’s bathroom was working. During the onsluaght of the trip, I used the bathroom and discovered large amounts of feces in the toilet, which did not flush. Clean bathrooms are stated as a marketing strategy on their brochures. I would hate to see other vessels in the area.

Finally, as a small business owner, I thought the Captain could have been more personable. The only times he talked to his valued customers was: “Lines up, we are leaving”. A Cobia was chasing live bait of a fellow passenger and the captain moved on. This would have been the catch of the day!

7  Thank Darrel Y
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Best headboat fishing trip i've ever been on. I've fished on boats up and down the coast. The price was reasonable and the captain really worked to bring in a good catch of fish.I would highly recommend this boat to anyone looking for good fishing at great price. I'll be going out with these guys again soon!

2  Thank chris l
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I called around to get prices on deep sea fishing boats in and around Myrtle Beach and came across Capt. Raymond's. It's a smaller operation than some of the other company's and that's why we chose them. The boat Adventurer is one of the largest in the area. The prices are very competitive and you get what you pay for. The crew was outstanding and very professional. They helped our group with very personal service, we all had a great trip and none of us had ever been on a deep sea party boat trip. There were 7 adults and 3 children (ages 3,6,10) I would highly recommend this family oriented business.

4  Thank Izzy685