“Surprising - Great Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calabash
The Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Calabash B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for one night while in the area to attend a surprise anniversary party for friends. Nancy and Warren were extremely hospitable and we plan to return each time we visit our friends that live just up the road in Sunset Beach. Make sure you have an appetite at breakfast. The Almond/Strawberry waffle is to die for! Thanks again Nancy for a great stay!

Room Tip: We liked the Coral Room because of the first floor location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William O

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Our first stay at a Bed and Breakfast , we will be sure to stay again. The owners go over and above to make sure you have a great stay , make sure you bring a healthy appetite to breakfast . Make sure to stay if your in the area . Thanks again for a great stay

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed with Nancy and Warren last year for the first time, and this year returned for two nights instead of just one. Calabash is known for its style of fried seafood, but before long the area will be more widely known for The Rose B&B and the breakfast there. This Christian couple really gives great service, accommodations, and food to the visitors. As we talked with them it became obvious they give even more back to the community and the church in terms of time, labor, and finances. One can not ask for a home away from home any nicer than The Rose and Warren and Nancy. Give it a try; you won't be sorry! Ron and Gail

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ronald N
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night while in the area for the weekend. We should have stayed 2 nights instead of staying somewhere else the other night. After reading the reviews of this place, we were really looking forward to it. We always stay at B&Bs and this place rates as one of the best! Nancy greeted us by our names and gave a very warm southern welcome! The place is very clean, cozy and comfortable. She had just made homemade mini apples pies! YUM! We stayed in the Lighthouse Room. Fantastic! The pictures on the website do not do the room justice. It was very big, very comfortable and the private bathroom is also very spacious! We felt right at home at this B&B. We watched a 3D movie in the living/great room. We had the place to ourselves and it was so much fun! The grounds are absolutely beautiful! The porches are big and relaxing. A bonus for us was visiting with the four resident cats! I wouldn't consider this a problem if you are not a cat lover. Don't let it stop you from staying at this B&B! The breakfast was excellent! You get to choose from several offerings. I had the 3 egg omelet. You choose what you want in it, My side was hash brown potatoes. We had juice and coffee. Nancy made banana nut muffins and a slice of grilled pineapple! This my kind of breakfast and I ate it all! My husband had the 3 berry pancake! It looked like something out of a magazine! The pancake was as big as the plate, topped with 3 kinds of berries and powdered sugar. His side was sausage, not just 2 skinny little links either. It was 3 large sausage patties. It was a lot of food, but absolutely delicious. We ate everything! This B&B is not on the beach, but close to it. The B&B is a little more remote, in a country/rural setting, but certainly close to everything that you would want to do in the area. The only downside to this B&B is the noise from the highway, but not bad enough that it would keep us from going back. We will definitely stay here again when we visit the area. I highly recommend this B&B. You cannot beat it for $100/night. This includes the wonderful, down home breakfast and all taxes! This place is a gem! Can't wait to go back! Did I mention that I LOVE this place!

Room Tip: I don't think you'd be disappointed with any of the rooms!
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here at the recommendation of friends and it was all they said and more. The B&B was very well thought-out with large, comfortable rooms. Having a private entrance to the rooms made coming and going very easy and it didn't feel like an imposition on the innkeepers. Breakfast both days was delicious and the sweet treat in the evening was just right. Nancy and Warren are gracious hosts and make you feel like a "regular" your first time staying there. It was a great experience and we will be back.

1  Thank Sucie04
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We keep coming back - this is our third visit. The home is modern and the rooms are very clean and spacious. The breakfast was outstanding -- fresh parfait, home-made pastries, and perfect omelets. The inn keepers are helpful and friendly. We already look forward to our return to the The Rose!

1  Thank Riduan J
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Recently my husband and I have become B and B ers and I have to say this was one of our favorites! At $90 for tax and everything in the off season you can't beat it! Not to mention the breakfast was AMAZING!!! I could not eat a fraction it was so much food and all four star quality! The owners were friendly without being intrusive which is sometime what a B and B can seem like. Can not wait till my next weekend getaway to visit the rose! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Rbroadway

Been to The Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!