“High tea in the low country” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Calabash
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“High tea in the low country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

This was such a treat! We had a great time, enjoying the fantastic tea and the fine details of everything. The food was stellar, my favorite was the strawberry soup and the turmeric ginger tea. We forgot our boas and hats, but of course these details were taken care of and we got to borrow these accessories. What fun!

Calabash, North Carolina
“I Love this Tea Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a very busy little tea room so I would suggest you have reservations before you go. That's an indicator of just how good it is. I would match this up against any tea room you can imagine!
The scone are the best I ever had and the finger sandwiches are tasty and unique. I don't want to see chicken or tuna salad on my tier, I would prefer that my sandwiches be something other than what I can make at home! Their apricot pecan ribbon sandwich, Kaluha and maple cream, pimento cheese, and above all the gorgonzola spread on flavored rice cakes are just heavenly.

If you want to experience the essence of a full Victorian Style Tea in a warm and friendly environment, this is the place you should go to.

• Visited August 2012
Calabash, NC
“A lovely experience for granddaughters.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I took our granddaughter there for their tea service. Everything was so lovely. The food was wondeful; the ambiance made you feel so special; and the variety of teas (hot or cold) was immense. Our granddaughter felt so grown up (she was 8), especiallly wearing a fancy hat and fluffy boa. I recommend this to any visitor. The presentation of foods and sweets was very nicey done and tasted so good!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SouthernGrandma
Hertford, NorthCarolina
“Unexpected change in plans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

We thought we would be disappointed when we found Noble's Cafe had closed, but we went to Calabash Garden Tea Room and had a wonderful lunch. Highly recommend - food excellent.

Visited December 2011
Myrtle Beach, SC
“Perfect in Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Visited this tea room when my mother in law was in town and had a lovely experience. We both enjoyed the Pumpkin Apple Bisque, Garden Salads with a delicious homemade vinaigrette and a tier with delicate finger sandwiches, mouth-watering scones and chocolate dipped strawberries. The African tea that we sipped was so good that we bought some in their gift shop on the way out! I would highly recommend this tea room to anyone who is looking for something to eat besides fried seafood and cheeseburgers in Calabash.

• Visited November 2011