“Same - same - same”

Colemans Original Calabash Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Family owned seafood restaurant with a lovely view of the Calabash River and shrimp boats. We have patio seating with full bar. Come out for our daily lunch specials.
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Same - same - same - is how I would describe Coleman's. You can walk into any of the restaurants along River Road in Calabash and get the same food at the same price. Fried seafood is the order of the day. Unless you really enjoy greasy food, eat at The Boundary House or The Grapevine. They are all very close together.

2  Thank ny_mainer

Reviewed April 16, 2012

But if you want to know more read on.

The good news--the hush puppies were the best I've ever had. They were fresh, hot, light, fluffy and tasty served with honey butter. The fried oysters were good.

The bad news--the coleslaw was bland, the french fried potatoes and fried scallops were under cooked, and I'm not sure what they served that was called flounder, but it didn't taste like flounder. We ate there because there was a 45 minute wait at neighboring restaurants. Guess we found out why we didn't have to wait at Coleman's.

2  Thank Skip Dodson
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We have been there many times, and it has always been delicious. The view is lovely and the food is fresh, tasty and plentiful. The waitresses always have a smile on their face - which always makes for a great evening.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

My company wanted to host two seminar dinners here and they were kind enough to open just for the dinners, they had closed on the week days since Labor Day. They were very thoughtful of the guests and were a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was our 1st try at Colemans. The menu was very simple and so was the restaurant. The hushpuppies were good but not the best I have had. The view was nice because you are sitting right on the water. Our waitress was slow at first but then she got better as time passed. The prices were ok being you are at the beach. I had the small platter and it came with a lot of shrimp, 1 large piece of flounder, fries and slaw. If I remember correctly the price was around $16.00. The flounder was wonderful. I would go back. I would like to try a different restaurant next time. But I would refer this place to a friend.