“Best in Calabash”

The Boundary House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Calabash
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This is our second trip to the boundary house. It is by far the best in Calabash. The scallops were off the chart good, the bake potato soup is great. The service was very good. The only thing that kept it from a perfect night was my wife's steak was way under cooked, she asked for medium and it was raw. They did a nice job of taking care of it and my wife said once it was cooked properly it was really good. I would recommend and we will be going back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,730)

Reviewed April 12, 2014

While vacationing in Sunset Beach, NC, my wife and I were given the suggestion from our B&B innkeeper to try The Boundary House, if we were going to Calabash. It was an excellent recommendation. We had never been and we're glad we tried it. My wife had the Baked Pesto Salmon and I had the Fried Crab Cake and Grilled Shrimp. The food was really good. We each got a salad with our meal. The House Salad came with egg, tomato, bacon and pecans and I had it with oil and vinegar. Our food was delicious. The rolls they brought with our salads were drizzled with honey butter. Our server was very kind and on top of things. We even had a chance to tell the manager how pleased we were with the overall experience. The pricing was not cheap, but the food and service were worth it. It would be a good place for a nice date.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We wanted to venture down to Calabash from Myrtle Beach for dinner and we found this newer restaurant and decided to give it a try. We haven't been to Calabash for a decade or more. We dined at 5pm on a Friday night and sat in a lovely booth in the bar area. (no wait) They had a large beer selection on tap and in bottles. My husband had one from Maine that he really enjoyed.
We both ordered the oyster platter which was on about 16$ and was large. It came with two sides. It also had 3 delicious hushpuppies on the platter which were very tasty. We had the yummy bread pudding for dessert. We will return not just for the food, but for the service and atmosphere and decor. It was nice to watch the masters on TV while we dined. And our waiter was excellent.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The customer service at this place was amazing. My husband ordered the Hurricane Chicken and loved it. I had grilled flounder which was a bit dry but our waitress brought citrus soy sauce that was very good and made the fish better, the sweet mashed potatoes were also very good. The décor was very nautical and rustic it was a romantic setting. We had a nice dining experience here and would go back.

2  Thank KristieandBrian
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had an appetizer, sale and main course. It was delicious; the best meal of any we had in the North or South Myrtle Beach area. It was also more pricey than other restaurants we visited. The staff were very attentive and helpful. The decor was beautiful. Quite impressive.