“Highly Recommended but "DISAPPOINTING"”

The Boundary House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Calabash
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2012

On a visit to Calabash, we asked some locals where to eat and they highly recommended The Boundary. When first looking at the interior & menu, a friend commented that it was very much like California Deaming in Surfside, SC which they think is excellent. Two of us ordered the Caesar salad with oysters. Although the oysters were good & you did have a choice of sauce, I would not have recognized my salad as a Caesar nor did my friend. That was reconfirmed by a shopkeeper we met after this lunch. This restaurant needs to visit California Dreaming to see what it is all about if they want to continue in this direction!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,730)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My Dad and I were in the area for a funeral and wanted a nice and yummy dinner. We weren't real sure what would be open since we were at the beach in the off season but I had been wanting to try this place and it was open and seemed to have a good crowd for a Tuesday evening. We were seated immediately and had a very attentive waiter. My dad got the fried flounder and that was the nicest piece of fish I have ever seen! It was so thick and cooked to perfection. I had the crab cakes and they were also just perfect! It was so much crab, I could not believe it. Salad was great and steamed veggies were perfect. That buttery croissant with the salad was a hit! I will be back on my next visit to this area!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great selection of entrees and the food is always great. They serve steak or seafood. Excellent service and atmosphere. Go early for dinner or to lunch as it gets crowded.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very impressive decor and written history on The Boundary House ~ Excellent food and atmosphere ~ Loved the music ~ We will be back.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a late lunch, around 2:30 and was surprised that they offered lunch specials until 5. I had the 1/2 rack of ribs and a house salad with house dressing. Ribs were tender but small, salad was iceberg which was a disappointment but the dressing was very good. My wife had the Half of Prime Rib sandwich and fries, both of which she liked. Service was good and our waitress, Erin, had a great personality. Would dine here again.