All reviewsthird floorocean fronttop floorbunk bedsfull kitchenthe outer banksking suitesemi private deckthe cottagesliving roomnags headlaid backwasher dryergreat fishingwatch the sunrisepots and pansmini fridge
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We stayed in ocean front view room 616 great view , people was great , property was clean ,rooms ,bed ,shower tub pool, spa ,every thing clean will stay there again next year There was not one thing i could find wrong .

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2010

This is a great location, with comfortable rooms and easy access to the beach. I expect to go back. Not plush, but great when your primary interest is the beach, not the room. Nice clean pool.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arden1950
Reviewed June 6, 2010

First trip to Outer Banks, stayed 3 nights in Kill Devil Hills, decided to go further south, found Light House View, called to check availablility and prices, the most helpful, pleasant young man gave us plenty of info and offered to 'upgrade' us to 1 bdrm apt. next day - staff had new room cleaned and ready by check out time of our 1st room. I would highly recommend this place if you prefer quiet, quaint over crowds. All the pictures online and the virtual tour are exactly what you will find. I can't wait to return. If you are a seafood lover - you must visit Outer Banks - I've had seafood up the coast from Key West to Bar Harbor and Novia Scotia - Outer Banks tops them all - best scallops & oysters I've ever eaten.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelthecoast
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I found the Lighthouse on the internet and was fearful the pictures were deceiving as a lot of places are. I was so wrong and so happy I found the Lighthouse View.

I called from Maryland to reserve a King bed room, nothing fancy, the Owner offered a King, with bunks Villa. He didn't hesitate to say "for the same price". I figured okay, why not. We had an easy check-in, went to our room, #318 and were so happy with everything. It was clean and we walked out to our balcony and were blown away at how close the ocean and pool were. I knew instantly this was gonna be great, and it was.

No one bothered us. It was quiet, comfortable and we slept like babies. We had a short walk to the beach and it felt like a private beach with so few guests, all friendly. My husband set up this trip for my birthday and it was a perfect gift. When we left and were driving away, my husband ask if I would want to come back every birthday and I didn't hesitate to say yes. It was so relaxing. So he said, book it!

We were there before the Memorial weekend. This could all change when the season opens up, I don't know. We would prefer to be there before the madness.

The price was exceptional, when planning this trip Nags Head prices were ridiculous! And Nags Head is like a big city now, no beach/ocean feel.

You will not be disappointed with Lighthouse View. And the person talking about taking out his trash - never heard that on our trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicca
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed here for two nights and was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice room that I believe had been recently re-carpeted. It was very clean, comfortable bed, and reasonably priced although the high season has not quite started. The rooms facing the sound are cheaper than the ocean view, but I own a cottage on one of the Great Lakes so I didn't need the ocean view. Main reason I booked here after reading Trip Advisor was that they are not Pet Friendly and I do not want to sleep in a room that someone else has had their pets in.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo