The Inn on Pamlico Sound
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
$199
$199
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging(Buxton)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
1,216 results
All reviewspamlico soundthe outer bankscafe pamlicosea oatsjasmine roomwedding weekendmovie theatersteve nelsoncookieshatteras islandsnack basketprivate deckget awaythe entire staffpaddle boardssnacks and drinksromantic getaway
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We decided to spend Thanksgiving at the Inn. Almost cancelled as Hurricane Sandy took out Hwy 12 so it was a longer than usual drive being routed by ferry. But we were so glad that we didn't cancel. The Inn is beautiful, the staff very accomodating, and the food was fantastic! We will definitely go back, probably during warmer months so that we can enjoy the pool and the surrounding attractions. Definitely a great place to go to relax!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hyacinth Room which had a king sized bed, balcony and overlooked the sound. Had drinks and snacks right outside of the room and the dining room was just a few feet down the hall, so it was a very convenient room and quiet!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked the inn for our wedding weekend which took place on Oct. 20 and I have to say that the weekend completely rocked! All that anyone has talked about was what a great weekend it was. This is the first time in our relationship that Loree and I have had both our families together like this...ever...and it was wonderful. There was something special about waking up the first morning that we there and looking out and seeing my nephew, brother-in-law and best friends brother fishing on the dock together and my sister and her kids kayaking on the sound. But I digress. Let me first start with the help that was provided by both Forrest and Jennifer in planning this wedding over the previous seven months. Anything that we asked was dealt with a quick response and with a "yes, why not". Forrest put together a magnificent menu for the both the wedding rehearsal, cocktail hour and reception dinner. If we asked for it we got it. There were moments where the stress of planning a wedding started to overwhelm us and each time they had a way of deflecting that stress with their calm demeanor and make it work. Case in point: we were coming down to the wire and had not been able to find someone to do a cake for us. We sat down with Forrest and explained our dilemma, our budget and the problems we were having fitting what we wanted into all of this. Forrest simply asked us what it was that we wanted, gave us a few cool suggestions and within a few days accomplished what we had been trying to do for over a month! Need I say more?! The end result was an amazingly beautiful cake and dessert table that everyone raved about. Even the day of the wedding everything was taken completely out of our hands and left to Jennifer and her crew to handle. The end result was a wedding that was in keeping with Loree's vision with a few touches that Jennifer added to make it even better. I can go on and on about the wonderful work that they all do. What we hoped for going in was an event that we would love and remember for the rest of our lives. Instead what we got was an event that everyone involved, from those who stayed with us the whole weekend to those guests that were there just for the day, would remember for the rest of their lives. Everyone on the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Believe me when I say that they will do whatever they can in their power to be sure that your stay is a pleasurable one. I will finish with this, and it may sound corny. I believe that this place has a little magic hovering over it...at least for us. It was our wedding after all. After a night of partying and having a good time a small group of us were hanging out drinking some beer and wine and talking. Thats when it happened. A meteor shower. We had a meteor shower cap off our wedding night. And as I stood there with my wife and closest friends and family and watched one star after another streak across the sky all I could think was if it could get any better than this...right here...right now. The last person I should mention is Steve, the owner. From day one he kept his word on everything he said. In fact now that I recollect our past conversations I don't recall him ever saying no. For this I am grateful. For a weekend that we will never forget both Loree and I are forever grateful.

3  Thank Matthew P
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our fourth visit to the Inn in the past six years, and it was just as exceptional as the first three. The Inn owners and staff are always gracious and helpful hosts, and the three-course breakfasts are probably unmatched. We already are thinking about when our fifth visit might be...

5  Thank irishwings16
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I recently spent several nights at The Inn on Pamlico Sound. From the moment I made the reservation to the day we checked out, we received top-notch service and care. The Inn is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed taking in the views from our balcony, kayaking in the sound, eating breakfast and dinner at the restaurant (which was delicious!!), and ending the days listening to the live music. Our trip was relaxing and refreshing...everything we were hoping for! We will definitely be back! Misty B.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misty B
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My now fiancee :-) and I stayed at the Inn for an extended weekend before Hurricane Sandy hit. The staff at the Inn were so accommodating, gracious and helpful throughout our whole stay. We met Steve the day were arrived, he made us feel very welcomed, it was good to meet him.
The location is BEAUTIFUL, we stayed in Camelia and it was clean and very comfortable. Our private balcony looked towards the beautiful gardens on one side and the sound on the other. There is also a dock you can walk down which leads you to spots with chairs to sit and have a drink and look out on the sound.
Both nights we ate at the Cafe - the food including the bread to start the meal was really great, and the drink menu has great choices too. Our waitresses both nights were so accommodating. The second time we had gotten engaged the afternoon before, and we received complimentary glasses of champagne which was a wonderful and thoughtful touch by the staff.
Carrie and Joan were so helpful throughout our staff when we had questions or needed information. When we had to cut our short trip and wanted to leave early in the morning, Carrie offered to have the chef make and pack up breakfast for our drive back - that really impressed us.
I can't say enough, no wonder why The Inn has been rated so high on here - and am looking forward to going back to The Inn again (but maybe not during another Frankenstorm ;-)
Thank you Steve and all your staff for a memorable stay.

2  Thank umz113