My partner surprised me with an overnight stay at the Inn. Not only was I surprised because it was unanticipated, but because the facility was so beautiful. The Inn is a very intimate location. There are three buildings (yet they did just purchase another) and about 11 rooms - each with its own distinct personality. We had a beautiful view of the sound from our balcony, incredible service, and very nice conversations with the staff. They worked very hard to make everything special for us, that it almost felt like we were the only ones there.
I do wish that we had stayed more than one night, as there was so much that we could have done!
The only part I found a bit awkward was that the balcony is divided with a very crude wall - it does not go all the way to the edge of the balcony, so it is not a private balcony. But it was still very lovely.
It is definitely expensive, but well worth the experiences!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A casually elegant waterfront boutique hotel on the Pamlico Sound. Accommodations range from soundfront queens to premium kings with private decks, and spa tubs. Amenities include gourmet three course breakfast, fresh baked goods, kayaks, bicycles, pool, home theater, library, 1,700 DVDs, complementary beverages and snacks, beach chairs, beach towels, and high speed internet. Gourmet waterfront fine dining; fresh, organic and local. Weddings and catering. Our goal is to provide the experience of an honored guest in our casually elegant hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Inn on Pamlico Sound reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hotel Buxton
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton