What a find! We stayed in Mitch--spotless, airy, comfy bed and linens. I appreciated the green efforts: terra green toiletries, glass bottles to fill at an available water purifier, yogi teas, organic items on the menu. Virginia's breakfast choices are not only creative but have a health conscious approach: BLT has local bacon and spinach, sausage soufflé made with local sausage and accompanied by greens, eggs florentine instead of eggs Benedict, steel cut oatmeal. For guest use, the inn offers beach hats, beach towels, totes, sunscreen, bug spray, bikes. Coffee and tea along with scrumptious cookies or scones along with a basket of fruit and a bowl of candy were available in the dining room/sitting all day and into the early evening. The lovely and quiet sitting room is off the dining area and has a gas fireplace and tv. A large deck adjoins the dining/sitting great room. Our room had a refrigerator and a microwave. There is a microwave for guest use near the entrance water purifier system (which provides hot and cold water). Virginia and Jed are terrifically knowledgeable regarding the area, history, beaches, tours, restaurants. We've stayed at more B and B's than I can count. This one truly stands out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amenities: wireless internet, fresh made breakfasts, filtered drinking water, homemade mint tea, and an afternoon snack. Relax on our sundeck with a beautiful view of the ocean, comfortable seating, and a gas grill. Enjoy using our enclosed outdoor H/C showers, lockable surfboard and sailboard storage, bicycles, beach chairs, coolers, and beach bags. Travel light and keep us in mind for quick escapes, sanity breaks, and relaxing vacations. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras b&b
- Cape Hatteras Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Bed Breakfast
- Cape Hatteras Bed And Breakfast Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton