“Breakfasts are the best!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buxton
Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Buxton B&B and Inns
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“Breakfasts are the best!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I chose the Cape Hatteras B&B for our first visit to the Outer Banks, and it was delightful. Yes, it's pretty, clean, and full of every amenity you could need...including beach hats, bikes, beach bags to borrow. But the best part was the breakfasts. They were among the best I've at a B and B. Virginia is an accomplished French cook, witnessed by the delicious Croque Madame, perfect Eggs Benedict and flaky, creamy quiches. I'd go back just for the food...and the friendly and accommodating inn keepers!

Room Tip: Andrew Mitch are on the second floor off the great room and the deck. I would choose one of them.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innkeeper46223, General Manager at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you Sally C for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your breakfast while you stayed here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 7 days over the Labor Day weekend. This is the perfect beach B&B as all beach equipment is provided and the beach is a short walk away. There are no crowds to contend with and warm waves to play in unlike the midAtlantic area. The hosts, Jed and Virginia, are the best! Virginia makes the best breakfast every morning. We're not generally breakfast people but they were so good we made it a point not to miss it! I'm still trying to lose the weight I gained as a result! The room was more than adequate and very clean. Finally, the upper deck is perfect to sit and relax at sunset!
Do your self a favor and stay here if in the area!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good but try to get on the second floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandBetweenMyToes60
innkeeper46223, General Manager at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you SandBetweenMyTo... for leaving a review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights and couldn't have asked for a better overall experience. We stayed in "Charlie" and it was clean and comfortable. Both Jed and Virginia were excellent hosts. The breakfast was amazing! We were a short walk away from the beautiful beach and have already started to plan our next trip back! Thank you for such a wonderful weekend getaway!

1 Thank TomasitaB
innkeeper46223, General Manager at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you TomasitaB for taking the time to post a review. We enjoyed getting to know you guys and look forward to seeing you again.
Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We only stayed one night but enjoyed every minute of it. We stayed in Andrew and room was clean and comfortable. We were warmly greeted by Virginia who gave us an excellent lead on a delicious place for dinner that evening. Rusty's was super delicious. The beach is a short walk and very family friendly. Anything you could need for a beach excursion is provided by the B&B. The breakfast in the morning totally hit the spot. We had never stayed in a B&B before and this was an outstanding first experience for us. We recommend to anyone and have been spreading the word around about what a relaxing, homey, and cozy space the Cape Hatteras B&B is.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innkeeper46223, General Manager at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you Chevon C for posting a review. We are glad you enjoyed your short stay with us. We hope to see you and your friends again in the future.
Ayer, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2013

You will not believe this place; immaculately clean; our host Virginia (Jed was away) was in a word, awesome; breakfasts to die for; friendly advice on where to eat, and what to see locally; our room (Emily) was perfect....walk to the beautiful (and uncrowded) beach took about 4 minutes...my wife and I have stayed in many B & B's...our highest recommendation go to Cape Hatteras B & B if you want to get away and RELAX....

Room Tip: Upstairs room (we had "Emily") are spacious and have a nice cross breeze.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innkeeper46223, General Manager at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you Curt-Ayer for taking the time to post a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I planned a trip to Cape Hatteras as a last minute, end of summer trip for myself. I usually like to choose places that are new to me when I vacation, but I have a feeling that I will be making many return visits in the future. My stay in Cape Hatteras was, quite simply, the BEST vacation that I have had in a long while and I owe that to my stay at is B&B. I could not have asked for a better host than Virginia (I unfortunately did not get to meet Jed as he was on his own, well-deserved vacation). She was extremely welcoming, helpful and makes a mean breakfast. Now that I am back home, my stomach is longing for one of her meals! I felt so at home, almost like I was visiting relatives who happen to live on the beach. The B&B is beautiful, my room was clean and "beachy", and I definitely took advantage of the beach chairs, bikes, towels, sunscreen, etc. that are all available for use. And its just a short walk from the beach!!

The other reviewers have stated beautifully what I loved about my stay here. But on a personal note, my vacation here was just what I needed. I haven't felt so relaxed, free, and at home on a vacation in ages and I met some wonderful people here. If you are planning a visit to Cape Hatteras, you must book a stay with Virginia and Jed at this B&B. You will not regret it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
innkeeper46223, General Manager at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you Sarah L for posting a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax at our B&B. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Groton, Vermont
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Virginia's excellent breakfasts of home made goodies and their efficient, yet warm hosting were outstanding!!!

Virginia's breakfasts of excellent home made goodies from many choices, especially the home made granola' were outstanding!! Beautiful common room! Plenty of free equipment, such as bikes and beach/water items.

Jed's and Virginia's efficient , yet warm hosting, with fair and practical solutions to our friends emergency problems were outstanding. This is the place and the folks to stay with!!!

Jeanne and Nick Stuecklen

their

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innkeeper46223, General Manager at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review knippel. We enjoyed having you stay with us and wish we could have met your friends as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxton
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
#5 of 6 in Buxton
Village Motel
Village Motel
#4 of 5 in Hatteras Island

Been to Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!