My wife & I were celebrating our 10th Year Anniversary and we decided to stay at this Bed & Breakfast. The Owners...Jed & Virginia were very friendly and helpful. Jed filled us in on the best places to eat and where to find live musical entertainment on the island. We were impressed by this because he went out of his way to call several restaurants to find out who was playing live music that first night we were there.
Jed also called NCDOT on our behalf regarding the main bridge over Alligator River that was out that weekend.
We could tell, right away that they had spent a lot of time, energy and expense in upgrading this Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in "Hugo" and the room was top notch. Not only was the bedroom well done but the bathroom was extremely well-tiled. I enjoyed the large shower because the shower head was higher than my 6'5" height! One can often tell how nice a room is by how well the establishment regards the bathroom. In all honesty, the bathroom could not have been done any better.
Virginia prepared the breakfast the next morning. Tremendous!
Everything was clean, clean... clean. Not just the rooms but also the common areas.
Beautiful sitting room and large deck that one can see the Hatteras Light House.
We struck gold with this place and will stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amenities: wireless internet, fresh made breakfasts, filtered drinking water, homemade mint tea, and an afternoon snack. Relax on our sundeck with a beautiful view of the ocean, comfortable seating, and a gas grill. Enjoy using our enclosed outdoor H/C showers, lockable surfboard and sailboard storage, bicycles, beach chairs, coolers, and beach bags. Travel light and keep us in mind for quick escapes, sanity breaks, and relaxing vacations. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras b&b
- Cape Hatteras Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Bed Breakfast
- Cape Hatteras Bed And Breakfast Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton