“Just Got Back Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buxton
Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Buxton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife & I were celebrating our 10th Year Anniversary and we decided to stay at this Bed & Breakfast. The Owners...Jed & Virginia were very friendly and helpful. Jed filled us in on the best places to eat and where to find live musical entertainment on the island. We were impressed by this because he went out of his way to call several restaurants to find out who was playing live music that first night we were there.
Jed also called NCDOT on our behalf regarding the main bridge over Alligator River that was out that weekend.
We could tell, right away that they had spent a lot of time, energy and expense in upgrading this Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in "Hugo" and the room was top notch. Not only was the bedroom well done but the bathroom was extremely well-tiled. I enjoyed the large shower because the shower head was higher than my 6'5" height! One can often tell how nice a room is by how well the establishment regards the bathroom. In all honesty, the bathroom could not have been done any better.
Virginia prepared the breakfast the next morning. Tremendous!
Everything was clean, clean... clean. Not just the rooms but also the common areas.
Beautiful sitting room and large deck that one can see the Hatteras Light House.
We struck gold with this place and will stay there again!

Room Tip: Does not matter which room you pick. All depends if you want a King Sized bed or two separate beds.
2  Thank AlRobinson340
innkeeper46223, General Manager at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you Al for the positive review. I will definitely use your horticulture tips so I have better success with our inside plants.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at this delightful B&B for 5 nights in April. From the minute we walked in the front door until we left, we felt welcomed and comfortable. Jed and Virginia are walking/talking definitions of "hospitality". Virginia is a whiz in the kitchen - from delicious baked goods that are available all day to breakfasts that you might expect at a 5-star hotel. The rooms are lovely - private entrances are a plus at any B&B. The amenities are a bonus - beach chairs, coolers, bikes, sunscreen, beach towels, etc. Jed and Virginia run a first class Inn. We will be back - and we will encourage friends and family to visit this gem on the outer banks!

3  Thank Willy F
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I waited until the last moment to make reservations and due to that I wasn't able to find a room available for all three nights I intended to stay. This didn't turn out to be an inconvenience as the innkeepers offered to transfer my luggage to the new room so that I could enjoy my adventures.

The first room I stayed in was 'Emily', located on the second floor next to another room. The room was incredibly spacious, comfortable and quiet. I particularly loved the reading chairs nestled by the window - very modern and chic! I was pleasantly surprised how updated the decor was, however a bit of quaintness was still evident via local artwork and beach trinkets. This was by far my favorite room and the room I had hoped to stay in my entire visit...I will have to plan ahead in the future!

The second room I stayed in was 'Andrew' also located on the second floor, but on the opposite side of the B&B. The room was smaller, however still very comfortable. For me, I enjoyed this room because there were no other rooms next door therefore as long as no one was enjoying the common deck area it was peaceful. Additionally, the window facing the rear of the B&B had a small view of the beach. Something I didn't remember to suggest to the innkeepers was that I assumed that window had a screen. I slept with it open and loved hearing the waves while reading/relaxing, however in the morning a few wasps thought they could also enjoy my room. Since its springtime, I don't imagine this occurs regularly. The wasps left in their own time and neither of us had hard feelings.

I wouldn't stay in Andrew again because one of the walls is shared with the dining area. If other guests are talking and laughing it can be heard in this room. It's not a big deal if you're an early riser and out and about before 8 (which is the first time offered for breakfast).

As many other travelers have mentioned the breakfasts were delectable to say the least. I like how Virginia used local, fresh and in season fruits and vegetables. I ended up having several different options (broccoli and cheddar quiche, traditional southern of fluffy scrambled eggs and a tangy kick to house potatoes, and homemade granola with yogurt and fruit) each of which was filling and made the start of my day bright. I have equal ravings about the treats (all homemade) left to enjoy with an afternoon/evening cup of tea/coffee.

The additional perks (towels, bikes, sunscreen, close beach access, etc) are the cherry on top. Virginia and Jed are wonderful hosts - genuinely kind and attentive, which shows their dedication to this B&B.

Without a doubt, I would stay here again as well as recommend this to anyone looking for a nice beach getaway with a touch of southern hospitality. Operation rest and recoup was a great success: thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Kekepania_A

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review. Thanks also for bringing our attention to the missing screen, which has been replaced. We enjoyed having you stay and look forward to seeing you again when you need to rest and recoup.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would like to start off saying what a pleasure it was to stay here. My husband and I were in OBX for a friend's wedding and stayed only one night....wish we would've stayed for at least a couple. We came into the B&B late (coming from the reception) and there were absolutely no problems. Virginia met us at the door, gave us a quick tour of their home and settled us in to our room where Viginia gave us our choice's for breakfast in the morning. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the provisions were all earth friendly. I would also like to comment that the colors they selected on the walls were very welcoming and warm. After a good night's sleep we were welcomed to fresh coffee and juices in the dining/kitchen area. Hats off to the "Chef", Viginia. I had the most INCREDIBLE quiche and my husband had a breakfast he could hardly finish. Before we left this wonderful place, I was sent off with a hug and the quiche recipe with a comment to follow, "If you get stuck or the quiche doesn't work out....call me and I will walk you through it".
If and when my husband and I ever get back to OBX, we WILL BE STAYING HERE!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are gracious...there are no bad rooms!!!
1  Thank Rhonda D
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Jed and Virginia run a very clean, comfortable place, and Virginia serves a most delicious variety of breakfasts. We were impressed with the quality of service, the food, and the level of comfort of the room. You can see the ocean out one window and the sound out the other. Our room was on the 2nd floor, where there is a minimum of foot traffic disturbance. Street noise was minimal, great restaurants nearby, walk or bike to the Hatteras lighthouse, and it's convenient to the Cape. We strongly suggest this B&B to any travelers!

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms for less mobile travelers, and a stair elevator to access the common and dining are...
2  Thank BethE643
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Virginia and Jed are awesome hosts, very personable and accommodating. The breakfasts were great and we loved the afternoon cookies. An easy walk to the beach and Hatteras lighthouse. Looking forward to returning this summer.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jwalk830

Thanks for the positive review. We will see you this summer.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It is evident that Jed and Virginia truly care about everyone that comes through their doors. The rooms are comfortable, the decorations and amenities are well thought out and the breakfast is AMAZING!! We'll definitely stay again next time we're in the OBX.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ErinS676
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxton
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging
Cape Pines Motel
Cape Pines Motel
#2 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!