Outer Banks Motel
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
Sea Gull Motel(Hatteras Island)
Good 3.5/5
Village Marina Motel(Hatteras Island)
Very Good 4/5
    The Breakwater Inn(Hatteras Island)
    View Hotel
    All reviewshot tubouter banksamazing familyenclosed porchocean frontefficiency roomhigh tidefull kitchenget awaylove this placefishing tripbit datedwould stay againwi finothing fancycape hatteras national seashorefood lion
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 8, 2008

We asked for a 2 bdrm cabin for a night & they gave us a 3 bdrm for the 2 bdrm price of $188. It was spacious and fairly clean. But when we turned down the master bedroom sheets there were long dark hairs on the top and inbetween them. The sheets on the other bed in the room were stained and the bedspread was somewhat tattered.

The A/C worked well and the plumbing was good. There were some light bulbs out in the cabin, like only one worked of the four in the fan light but other than that it was an ok deal. The towels were old, probably could spend some money on newer towels & bedding.

We decided if we stayed again we were going to strip the beds and take the sheets to the laundramat ourselves, then remake the beds!

The lady who runs the front desk was a very nice lady.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
      • Check in / front desk
      • Business service (e.g., internet access)
    3  Thank gliattitd
    Reviewed July 26, 2008

I was very reluctant to book here because the prices were so good. I did anyway and I was not disappointed. My husband and I brought our 2 teenage daughters with us and they loved being so close to the beach and able to go back to the motel for a swim in the pool or sit in the hot tub. We had a room which was sufficient and got enough of the ocean view from our porch to watch a huge pod of dolphins feeding one morning. We locked ourselves out one night and as the office closes at 8 p.m., called the emergency number at 11:15 p.m. and a wonderfully nice lady was there in 10 minutes to give us a spare key! This is a GREAT place to stay to go shore/surf fishing as there is just short walk up the beach to find a spot to "call your own". My husband was up early every morning to go out and after a nice cup of coffee on the porch (there are coffee maker's, microwave and mini fridge in the rooms) I wandered out to meet him. Many nice restaurants in the area and of course the lighthouse. I stood on the beach while my husband fished in the evenings and watched the lighthouse. The sunsets over the sound that is practically in "the backyard" were spectacular. Very relaxing. We would definately go back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    1  Thank travelingeast_8
    Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed here for a quick night on our way from New York City to Charleston, and were so pleasantly surprised when we got there! This isnt the Ritz for sure, but it was clean, fairly spacious and the A/C worked!!
    For $100 we got a room for 3 of us for one night (usually you have to book 2 nights in this area on a weekend!), on the beach, A/C (kind of loud but it worked), and covered parking for our car , which meant the car was cool the next day!
    We spent some time around the pool where my 11 year old son had a chance to have some fun with some other kids from all around the US! The beach was quiet and beautiful!
    Not sure I would want to stay here for a full week, though many do.....I just felt everything was a bit close together!
    Definitely consider this motel on your travels throught the Outer Banks!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    Reviewed July 30, 2007

The worst travel experience of my life. The facility needs an overall upgrade. However, the worst parts of the stay were that all rooms are smoking and that we were moved on a daily basis by management. We arrived at 10pm the first nite and our keys were in an envelope with a note to check in the next morning. This was fine but, although I had requested a non-smoking room, the room was so smoke infested we had to open all windows and run the a/c at full blast to even attempt to sleep. After a sleepless nite, we were moved to another room. The new room smelled of smoke as well but not as bad. The owner finally admitted all rooms are smoking. We thought we were home free and the next 2 nites would be pleasant but a tad smokey. Wrong. While we were waiting in line to board the ferry to Ocracoke, I received a call from the owner. I was to move our belongings to another room immediately. I explained where we were and we would be back in a few hours. When we returned 30 minutes later, we had left our spot in the ferry llne, we found our belongings in a heap on the floor of the room being stuffed into trash bags by cleaning staff and hauled to the latest room du jour. We never did find a few items. When I protested, I was told that I had traveled before and should be used to this. Never in my life have I been subjected to such ill treatment by motel staff. Totally out of line. Easily my worst travel experience in my 30 years of extensive traveling here and in Europe.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple