“Best Custard ever!”

Uncle Eddy's Frozen Custard and 18-Hole Mini Golf
Reviewed July 23, 2013

They offer all sorts of delicious flavors, and the variety changes. It was so smooth, and I have to say the best I've ever tasted.

All reviews
"swirl"
in 2 reviews
"jewelry"

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went here twice - kids had a blast! Grownups too. The putt putt course was simple but fun. Ice cream was delicious

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our second year at the Outer Banks and this place is a gem. Homemade ice cream thats great and you can mini golf as long as you want. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Liked: the ice cream. There is also a little gift shop inside with local art and jewelry.
Didn't like: the cockroaches crawling around outside the building.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stopped in at Uncle Eddy's almost every year for the last five years. The place is in decline. There used to be a lot of local flavor inside and an exotic (although often ill tempered) bird as a mascot. Now the bird is gone and the place is full of junk souvenirs. Who wants to buy fake sea shells at the beach? Seriously.

The small shake is up to almost $5, which wouldn't be bad, except it tasted like cheap ice cream as the base. When I told them my two year old wasn't going to play but would probably want to "putt" a few times, they charged me $5 for her anyway and gave me an extra club and ball for her (which, as predicted, I had to carry around for her after the first hole). The course isn't in bad shape, but could use a little TLC.

It's not the worst experience we've had, and we will probably be back at some point, but it's not going to be a priority.

1  Thank Mudduck77