“What a great surprise!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My wife and I have been coming to the Outer Banks for many, many years! We went into the Shipwreck grill as it was close to the hotel we stayed in. We were met by a Marsh, what a wonderful, pleasant, and congenial waiter, best I have encountered in the outer bank. The place is casual and we decided to eat on the screened porch as it was a wonderful day outside. We ask what Marsh, would recommend to eat, he made several great choices for us. The meals came out and there was not the usual Batter fried, and greasy food on the plates. The Chef has great skills and a way with spices, and mixing of flavoring food!! What a great meal!

The next morning we were back for breakfast, and Alanna, and Amber the day waitress's that were also very friendly, pleasant, and congenial. These two young ladies were great, could mnot ask for better. Again a great meal and wonderful service, even with a walk in crowd wanting take out orders.. I would recommend The Shipwreck Grill, to anyone that would like great service, smiles, and great food!

1  Thank Rich B

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We are on the Outer Banks for the week. Happened upon a wonderful restaurant called the Shipwreck Grill in Buxton. Alanna, Amber and Marsh were the most wonderful, congenial and pleasant wait staff we have encountered in decades. Helpful, pleasant, full of advice and good cheer. My hubby and I went by ourselves the first time...went back the next day with 6 more people and found the same courteous and pleasant service. THE FOOD is sublime. Not your usual beach fare at all...but a mix of wonderful and subtle spices and flavors that add magic to your meal. We could tell they had a magician in the kitchen waving a magic wand and making our palates smile. Thanks to all for a great dining experience in a wonderfully casual and cheerful setting. We could not have hoped for better!

1  Thank KarenKay2014
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Frisco after a 10 hr drive. The last thing we wanted to do was cook. Parents suggested going to a place they had breakfast a day before; the Shipwreck Grill. When we arrived I was skeptical. It was not fancy. We sat on a screened in porch. I ate a crab cake type meal. It had onion rings on it and sautéed mushrooms. It was good. I checked with the others and they were all pleased, even the kids. Not to expensive, nice folks and apparently a very clever cook. The blending of flavors like this comes from an experienced chef. Very subtle.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Service was slow but friendly. The food choice for lunch consisted of mostly fried foods on bread. Prices were reasonable and we all left full from our meals. I would probably try another place if I am back in the area.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

On vacation to see my girlfriend, she took me to the Outer Banks. We stop in Buxton for the night. We went to Shipwreck grill for breakfast. We both had a breakfast sandwich. My girlfriend does gluten free, she was going to eat it without the bread. But our waitress said they have gluten free bread. Our sandwiches were so good! Hailey our waitress was very good, took very good care of us. We enjoyed our food and the atmosphere. Had a great time laughing with Hailey. We would defiantly go back next time were in town.