“Shipwreck Grill a Lifesaver”
Review of Shipwreck Grill - CLOSED

Shipwreck Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Jamestown, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shipwreck Grill a Lifesaver”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We are on the Outer Banks for the week. Happened upon a wonderful restaurant called the Shipwreck Grill in Buxton. Alanna, Amber and Marsh were the most wonderful, congenial and pleasant wait staff we have encountered in decades. Helpful, pleasant, full of advice and good cheer. My hubby and I went by ourselves the first time...went back the next day with 6 more people and found the same courteous and pleasant service. THE FOOD is sublime. Not your usual beach fare at all...but a mix of wonderful and subtle spices and flavors that add magic to your meal. We could tell they had a magician in the kitchen waving a magic wand and making our palates smile. Thanks to all for a great dining experience in a wonderfully casual and cheerful setting. We could not have hoped for better!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KarenKay2014

Athens, Georgia
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Frisco after a 10 hr drive. The last thing we wanted to do was cook. Parents suggested going to a place they had breakfast a day before; the Shipwreck Grill. When we arrived I was skeptical. It was not fancy. We sat on a screened in porch. I ate a crab cake type meal. It had onion rings on it and sautéed mushrooms. It was good. I checked with the others and they were all pleased, even the kids. Not to expensive, nice folks and apparently a very clever cook. The blending of flavors like this comes from an experienced chef. Very subtle.

“It was ok”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Service was slow but friendly. The food choice for lunch consisted of mostly fried foods on bread. Prices were reasonable and we all left full from our meals. I would probably try another place if I am back in the area.

Mesa, Arizona
“"Great Breakfast"”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

On vacation to see my girlfriend, she took me to the Outer Banks. We stop in Buxton for the night. We went to Shipwreck grill for breakfast. We both had a breakfast sandwich. My girlfriend does gluten free, she was going to eat it without the bread. But our waitress said they have gluten free bread. Our sandwiches were so good! Hailey our waitress was very good, took very good care of us. We enjoyed our food and the atmosphere. Had a great time laughing with Hailey. We would defiantly go back next time were in town.

• Visited May 2014
Chapleau, Canada
“Needs improvement”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Food was nothing spectacular and not exactly fancy either. I don't necessarily feel that you need to have high end décor and white table cloths but it should have some kind of atmosphere. Won't return

• Visited April 2014