“Best crab cakes ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shipwreck Grill - CLOSED

Shipwreck Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating
Richmond, Virginia
“Best crab cakes ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I just ate the best crab cakes we have ever had! The couple with us had the soft shell crabs, cooked perfectly! We found out the chef is from Savannah, Ga. Chef Patrick, he sure knows how to cook. This is our new favorite place to eat while in Cape Hatteras. If you want fresh, tasty food, this is your place! Looking forward to chef Patricks homemade biscuits in the morning.
The young lady up front was very friendly and she was right to suggest the crab cakes!

• Visited May 2013

Dayton, Tennessee
“you have to try!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

this is a adorable restaurant that has mostly homemade food which is more upscale then a typically hamburger stop! they use the best quality ingrediants and it makes a huge difference in their food!! we loved it!

Visited April 2013
“HORRIBLE!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We waited for over an hour for a simple order of pancakes and biscuits with gravy. The staff was very unproffesional and said they were having an issue where the tickets were not going to the kitchen. Well then, give the orders TO the kitchen on paper. It was NOT busy and there is no reason for such awful service. Do not waste your time here. We left and had a wonderful breakfast at Diamond Shoals Restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank TheBecks2011
“Exceptional, awesome, worth returning and a long drive!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Chef Patrick has the expertise and is an amazing talent!! The crab cakes were excellent and fresh! Recommend highly!! I will drive many miles to return again!! Well worth it and a great dining experience.

• Visited April 2013
Davenport, Florida
“Great All Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

BBQ!!!

I heard the place was under new management so I figured I try it once again, and let me tell you the man knows his bbq. I consider myself a bit of a foody so I'm pretty particular about where I eat. After speaking with the new staff I found out that the chef, Patrick, used to be the chef at Local 1110 in Savannah, GA. I have eaten there a few times before and the food was great, and I thought back this guy knows pork butt really well but that pork belly that I had was probably better. So Chef Patrick if you read this I'm requesting maybe even demanding that you put that pork belly on your menu now. As much as I will be back to eat his awesome bbq I would reeaaalllyy like to have that pork belly again.

As much as I can talk about pork all day, I would to like to say the rest of his menu was just as delicious. Fortunately the rest of my family got something different so I could try a little of everything. First thing is he is only serving fish that is coming out of the water right next to him, which is the only way to serve fish. The fish sandwich with the roasted garlic aioli and caramelized onions is killer. It says something about a place that goes as far as to make there own mayonnaise. The mussels are excellent, they aren't rubbery and overcooked. The parm bread the really good too. The collards, hand bread chicken fingers, duck, the list goes on and on.

I'm going to be back next time I'm up there. I'm relieved who ever the other chef that was there is gone, because I'm sure I would've never went back. Thank you for an excellent meal.

Anyone who has made up there minds on not going back I urge you to reconsider the place has done a complete 180 and is 100 percent better. Give one more shot you won't be let down again!!

• Visited March 2013