“Lives up to the name..shipwrecked.”
Review of Shipwreck Grill - CLOSED

Shipwreck Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
“Lives up to the name..shipwrecked.”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We waited far too long for our drinks and were all out of soda by the time she even came back. The original waitress didn't even bring our food or drinks. There was absolutely no one else in the place and they treated us like we didn't even matter. Then when we asked for anything, they seemed like they were mad at us. We only come here once a year and I can honestly say that we won't be there again. We paid way to much money for terrible service.

3 Thank Hailsp

Austin, Texas
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The coffee was decent here, actually better than at the well-known bakery nearby (but not excellent coffee!). You must go expecting a downhome, no-frills kind of place. They had a breakfast with local country ham, eggs and grits. I like to have local food when I travel, and this was a tasty, satisfying, inexpensive breakfast. Lunch was just OK. I chose not to try this place for dinner. They do have an interesting little local history display in their dining room. For breakfast, we liked eating in the screened-in area, which they call "outside."

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank LBoyer57
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should have gone down with the ship”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I think our waiter must have been taking naps between bringing us awful food he was gone so long. When he did show up he seemed mad we would want refills on our cokes. Food was cold and greasy and bland. One person in our group got the wrong order. Should have sent it back but who knows how long that would take. We wanted to complain but we had been there so long we just wanted to leave and I don't think they cared anyway. It nearly ruined our nice day at the beach.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank RoamingGal_12
, General Manager at Shipwreck Grill, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
I feel there is a little to be understood about your complaint. First of all,we have an all female staff.
Savannah, Georgia
“best food on the island”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I had salmon, it was the best I;ve ever had. Sweet potato mash also great

Visited May 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“great food great price”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

this is the best value on the island. dont stop moving when you are dun. you will go back to sleep.

Visited May 2011