“A Place to Watch The Game”
Review of Hurricane's - CLOSED

Hurricane's
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Lewes, Delaware
“A Place to Watch The Game”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've been here before, but was turned off by high prices, decided to go to the Sandbar to eat and drink. On second visit, a year later, there are drink and food specials.Looks like the menu was tweaked, seemed much more affordable. Our party had the burgers and they were all cooked to order and came WITH fries for $7.99. Not bad. We were after a place to watch a particular NCAA game and yes, Heathers had it on one of the TVs. Children are permitted to sit at the bar. Server was nice, place was cute and so I have to say thumbs up we got exactly what we were looking for this visit.

Note: Some misinformation on the web about this place having Wi-Fi. It does not.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Everything was outstanding!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family and I came down for the day to check out our beach house for the summer. Found this place and it did not disappoint! The shrimp were amazing, flounder was amazing, service was amazing, and the location was great! Going down to Nags Head for a little getaway with the husband and WILL be making the extra 45 min trip down here for lunch!

2 Thank Austin W
Buxton, North Carolina
“The wait staff was excellent”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

At this point I have to leave the word ëxcellent out of the rest of the review. Most of the food was frozen/prepared, though for that genre, it was adequate. My husband got the special of the day, pulled pork barBque and was seriously disappointed. It was CONVENIENTLY located directly across the street from the Hatteras Lighthouse, which was our destination. But that and the waitress are where we leave excellence behind.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Incredibly attentive!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stopped here early (5-ish) the day before Valentine's Day so it was understandably quiet. We checked the menu and there was virtually nothing that wasn't fried. Our waitress went back and asked and the cook offered to cook the flounder on the flat-top (it's too thin of a fillet to go on a grill) to keep it heart-healthy. "But he better give that second hush pup away!" His plate was loaded with perfectly done broccoli instead of fries. I hate the shrimp plate and loved the ultra-light batter. The cole slaw is exceptional and the hush puppies to die for. (Yes, I got one from my husband!)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ellasahar
virginia
“Enjoyed eating here!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband, brother,sister in law and I ate here last night and really enjoyed the food. My sister in law and I had a shrimp basket. Surprised that it came with fries, hushpuppies and cole slaw. The cole slaw is the best that I've had. The shrimp was lightly breaded, which I liked. My husband had the fried oysters which he said was very tasty. Our waitress was very attentive. Liked the casual atmosphere and it had about 6 or 7 flat screen Tv's. Look forward to eating here next time we are in Buxton!

• Visited February 2013