“Enjoyed eating here!”
Review of Hurricane's - CLOSED

Hurricane's
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
virginia
“Enjoyed eating here!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband, brother,sister in law and I ate here last night and really enjoyed the food. My sister in law and I had a shrimp basket. Surprised that it came with fries, hushpuppies and cole slaw. The cole slaw is the best that I've had. The shrimp was lightly breaded, which I liked. My husband had the fried oysters which he said was very tasty. Our waitress was very attentive. Liked the casual atmosphere and it had about 6 or 7 flat screen Tv's. Look forward to eating here next time we are in Buxton!

• Visited February 2013

“You should try this place”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

The blackened mahi sandwich was great. Moist and flaky.This was the fish of the day. What was even better was the fried shrimp. The light batter was perfectly spiced.I usually don't care for shrimp but these were delicious. They also weren't tough. They are on the everyday menu. Good hush puppies and friendly service. Next time I am in Buxton I will be dining here again. I feel it is an outstanding value.

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
“Awesome food, get the crabcake sandwich!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place doesn't look fancy, it is humble and homey, but comfortable and clean...and the food is outstanding. Fresh ingredients, great flavors. The crabcake sandwich is one of the best I've had (and I've had a bunch of them!) and the fried oysters are probably the best I have had- gigantic local oysters with just enough breading- not too much to overwhelm the oysters. They also have great drinks, I had a couple of hurricanes and they were delish, and my husband had some draft beers. Service is very attentive and friendly, our server was Ashley and she was great. You must try this place if driving through the Hatteras area!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank rwpgirl
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Nice Meal in Buxton”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I ate here for dinner two nights ago, and we had a great expirience. I had the fried oyster basket and my wife had the flounder dinner. They were both excellent. The hush puppies were some of the best we have ever eaten, and the cole slaw was very good too. Heather's offers Coke products, which we like when drinking the occasional soda.

The service was excellent as you might expect as our server was Heather herself. She was most friendly, attentive and has a great sense of humor.

The decor is casual, typical bar/restaurant set-up. The table we sat in by the window was really cool; looked like from wood was taken from an old ship. There are some very nice paintings, photographs and stained glass art decorating the walls an windows.

The price as good and we recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Cape Hatteras Island.

• Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family ate here for my husband's birthday, and we found the food delicious. From chicken, hamburgers, fish, shrimp, and crab, it was all prepared to perfection. The hush puppies were some of the best we have ever eaten, as was the cole slaw.
The service was excellent; our server was friendly and attentive.
The decor is casual - basic, but the tables are fascinating. Wood was taken from old ships.
We will be eating here again.

• Visited December 2012