Found this place online for a last minute first trip to the Outer Banks. Feel that $125/night for a two bedroom w/kitchen and living room is a fair price. (late August price) Beach is right across the road. You can hear the waves crashing and enjoy the breeze on the porch rocking chairs. No real view, but we spent the day elsewhere. Beach front rooms ($185) are practically in the ocean, so that might be a better choice for some. Rooms are VERY basic, but we really only used the place to sleep, so that wasn't a big deal. Pushed the beds together in one room to make a super king. It was VERY clean and that is more important than decor. Friendly staff, nice pool and hot tub open until 10:00. We actually used the place as a centrally located home base to explore Okracoke, Hatteras lighthouse, Pea Island beaches and the northern areas as well. After calling around to several places, I thought this motel was a good value for what we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Hatteras Motel is located on the oceanfront in Buxton North Carolina. We are located about a mile down the beach from the famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The motel is bordered by the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Atlantic Ocean. The motel has a fresh water pool with a hot tub. When conditions are safe, our beach is great for swimming and surfing. It is also one of the best places in the country to surf fish. We are about ten miles from the marinas at Hatteras Inlet. Boats out of Hatteras have the shortest run to the gulf stream north of Florida. There is also a fishing pier five miles north of Cape Hatteras Motel. We offer oceanfront rooms with either one king or two queen beds. We also offer two bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens.These units are complete with linens and dishes. All units have access to free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. Whether you are coming to Cape Hatteras to surf or kite board, windsurf or fish, or maybe to just walk our miles of National Seashore beaches; the Cape Hatteras Motel is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Cape Hatteras Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton