I have been staying at this location since the late 1970s when it was then called Cape Hatteras Court. The owners are wonderful and their pride of the property shows.
The location is at the north end of Buxton, right at the edge of the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. With rooms on both the ocean and sound side of the highway, there is something for everyone. The ocean side rooms and apartments are newer and are regularly renovated (thanks to the sometimes violent ocean lapping on the foundations). These give the vacationer the best view of the ocean anywhere on Hatteras due to the low dune and forward decks. The apartments on the sound side are showing their age, but are a great value for the growing family or group of friends. This is especially true for younger children as the pool is on this side of the busy highway 12. Sunset views are good from this side, but would be better if there were a back porch or wider windows in the bedrooms.
All-in-all, this property is very nice though a bit pricey for what you are getting. This is simply a matter of supply and demand b/c they are booked pretty much all summer long. If you can save up some coin, go here and stay in the oceanfront apartments or oceanfront efficiencies... before a big storm decides to take back the beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Hatteras Motel is located on the oceanfront in Buxton North Carolina. We are located about a mile down the beach from the famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The motel is bordered by the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Atlantic Ocean. The motel has a fresh water pool with a hot tub. When conditions are safe, our beach is great for swimming and surfing. It is also one of the best places in the country to surf fish. We are about ten miles from the marinas at Hatteras Inlet. Boats out of Hatteras have the shortest run to the gulf stream north of Florida. There is also a fishing pier five miles north of Cape Hatteras Motel. We offer oceanfront rooms with either one king or two queen beds. We also offer two bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens.These units are complete with linens and dishes. All units have access to free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. Whether you are coming to Cape Hatteras to surf or kite board, windsurf or fish, or maybe to just walk our miles of National Seashore beaches; the Cape Hatteras Motel is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cape Hatteras Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton