“Hands down the best restaurant on Hatteras Island”
Review of Cafe Pamlico

Cafe Pamlico
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Buxton
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Pamlico provides a world class casual fine dining experience through exceptional food, outstanding detail oriented service, an inspired wine and cocktail program, and gracious attentive Southern hospitality. Our contemporary coastal cuisine is driven by locally sourced seafood, meats, and produce. Our menu changes frequently in accordance with the fresh ingredients our chefs discover on the island, most notably the fresh local seafood we feature. We are committed to supporting local farmers and artisan food producers first, sustainable resources second, and organic third. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had our last dinner in the OBX here . . . total last minute/spur of the moment/let's drive in and see if they'll seat us experience as we were heading back from a day at Frisco Beach with three small kids. I walked in to see if they would even allow us in - we were coming straight from the beach and had no reservations after all - but even though the young hostess hemmed and hawed about it, a woman who I believe to be the proprietor graciously intervened, and not only invited my whole family in, but gave us a prime table outside, overlooking the Sound at sunset!

The food was nothing short of incredible. Instead of an entree, I ordered every appetizer on the menu except the soup - pear salad, tuna ceviche, seared scallops and the beef skewers - and every dish offered a fresh and different taste from the others, and standing alone, was the best of its kind of any similar dish anywhere else on the OBX. The restaurant was kind enough to offer parmesan and butter covered pasta for our kids old enough to eat solid food (ages 5 and 3) even though it wasn't on the menu, and even though we were just going to have them split the orange duck (I was actually looking forward to trying that, LOL). There was a live NC home grown roots music/blues musician performing, and my kids really enjoyed boogeying to his music after dinner.

The grounds around the restaurant are beautiful - they have their own vegetable gardens which really got my wife's attention - and the Inn there looks like a five-star accommodation. But besides the truly terrific food, I was mostly impressed with the fact that the Cafe was gracious enough to indulge my family's spur of the moment whim, and to allow us to experience one last terrific dinner on the OBX in every sensory way imaginable. Easily the best restaurant my wife and I experienced on the trip, and maybe in the past six months.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

A group of us ate here for a nice dinner and I was very happy with it. Walking to the restaurant from the parking lot was pretty as they have some gardens around the area which was a great place for some pictures. They also grow vegetables in the garden which is neat to look at.

The Cafe gives an amazing water view of the Pamlico Sound. We were lucky enough to time our dinner right for around sunset and got to see the Sun sink below the water. Beautiful! People were getting up from their meals just to view the sunset on the water.

The food was delicious. For an appetizer we got the Tuna Ceviche which was amazing. It was a good mix of Tuna, Fruit and a little spice. I got the Shrimp and Grits which was cooked perfectly and my husband got the Steak which was made to his exact specifications. Everyone really enjoyed their meals and we finished it off by sharing a Crème Brule.

Looking at the stars on the water was also pretty amazing. We managed to catch a glimpse of the ISS as it was orbiting the Planet. A pretty special night all around.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Today was my birthday, and I chose to celebrate at my favorite restaurant on the Outer Banks--Cafe Pamlico at the Inn at Pamlico Sound. Everything was perfect--from the wine to the live music to the sunset to the dinner. I had fillet mignon, which was cooked to perfection and served with delicious, creamy mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables. Similarly, my husband enjoyed the duck and my daughter the scallops. I expect to celebrate my anniversary there in August. I urge you to try it. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Employed a business consultant I am constantly on the road and in search of excellent cuisine. Recently on a trip to Hatteras Island May 29, I found the Café Pamilco. Julia the Manager seated us, Jennifer the server was a delight, the Chef however did a excellent meal of crab cakes accompanied by lightly roasted asparagus, with mashed potatoes. Julia had recommended a glass of sauvignon to accompany the meal a great choice. After dinner we adjoined to the bar for a nightcap while we watched the sun set over the sound. Thx Café & Staff
Allen

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I have been going the Outerbanks several times a year for many years and have stayed at the Inn on Pamlico Sound many times, all with fond memories. This trip, we rented a house in Frisco as we were traveling with a large group of friends. As no trip to the Outerbanks is complete without a trip to Cafe Pamlico, we had dinner with our entire group at Cafe Pamlico. The experience was flawless from the phone call for the reservation all the way through. When we arrived, we had a nice big table already setup for our group and were pleasantly greeted by the hostess. Delightful appetizers were accompanied by expertly crafted cocktails from the new bar. It was hard to decide between cocktails, beer, or wine with the long list of enticing options. The entrees were flavorful, fresh, seasonal, and arranged beautifully on the plates. I was impressed with the service as we were a large group. I can't wait to go back the next time we are in OBX.