“Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Pamlico

Cafe Pamlico
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Buxton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cafe Pamlico provides a world class casual fine dining experience through exceptional food, outstanding detail oriented service, an inspired wine and cocktail program, and gracious attentive Southern hospitality. Our contemporary coastal cuisine is driven by locally sourced seafood, meats, and produce. Our menu changes frequently in accordance with the fresh ingredients our chefs discover on the island, most notably the fresh local seafood we feature. We are committed to supporting local farmers and artisan food producers first, sustainable resources second, and organic third. Reservations are highly recommended.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The food is absolutely amazing at Café Pamlico! We always make it a point to stop here for dinner one night during our yearly OBX trips.

This year, we had our wedding at the Inn, and the food was even better than I expected. Our guests could not stop raving about the crab cakes and the scallops! I had the vegetarian pasta during our rehearsal dinner, and it was one of the best meals I've ever had! The catering is impeccable, and it certainly was much better than any wedding food I've ever had before! Forrest is an amazing executive chef and very accommodating. He even made a special dinner for one of my bridesmaids, who is a vegan. She said her meal was delicious!

For our morning breakfasts, the food was always hot, yummy, and excellently prepared. I was also highly impressed with the quality of the service. The servers and wait staff were always friendly and willing to accommodate us.

I cannot wait to come back to Hatteras and eat here again. My new husband and I will be back as soon as we can!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Tremendous food and first rate service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Wife and I have had dinners here three times now, and each time just seems to be better than the last. The food is top-rate - our last time here, I had the crab cakes and succotash with horseradish aioli. Being anti-vegetable most of the time, I was sure that I would skip the succotash and go straight for the crab cakes (which were prepared and presented perfectly, I might add). I decided to try the succotash... and wound up eating all of it before I even got to the crab cakes. Thanks to the helpful advice of our server, Mandy, I never would have given a thought to try this dish, but she persuaded me that it was well worth it - and her attentiveness and knowledge of the menu helped make the entire dinner (and dessert of goat cheese cheesecake, which was divine) another fantastic experience.

The Wife and I are already planning our next dinner here - you should too.

2 Thank BJ_Leech
MD
“Just superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

What a gorgeous setting. We had to take a break before dessert to walk out on the pier to see the sunset. I had an excellent vegetarian meal, my husband had some delicious fish and the kids were happy with their pasta. Dessert was fantastic. Service was very good too. Overall, I highly highly recommend!

Connecticut
“Delicious food, lovely atmosphere, good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you seek fine dining on the Outer Banks, this is for you. A sophisticated menu, delicious and delicately prepared choices and great service await you. The crab cakes are among the best I've had and the scallops appy in the red pepper coulis is not to be missed.

Visited September 2013
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
“MUST TRY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

A must try when on the island. MAKE A RESERVATION! A must stop when vacationing in OBX. The food is fantastic, the atmosphere and ambiance are amazing. Wine selection always impresses. Staff is competent, friendly and very accommodating. The view while eating is breathtaking while dining at sunset.
The shrimp and grits, the tuna, and crab cakes are favorites. Menu items change daily. So fantastic you will want to come back multiple times when on the island, like i did! The deserts are wonderful, i indulged myself 3 times on the flour-less chocolate cake last week 9/1-9/7/13. Portions are the perfect size for one person.

Try it, you wont be disappointed! Hence the need to make a reservation.